All reviewsno worries toursin towntranquility bayfishing rodsgolf cartdvd libraryambergris cayefuton couchbumpy roadget away from it allbring plenty of bug spraytour shopwifi servicemata grandefull kitchenfew issuesboat ride
Reviewed 31 July 2018

Beautiful location to get away from it all. Great food, amenities and excursions. Staff was friendly. This side of the island has a lot of sea grass, but there are free kayaks to paddle out to snorkel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cassissippi
Humberto A, eCommerce Manager at Sapphire Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear Cassi

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you during your visit to Belize. We are glad to see that you had a great stay and that our staff helped make that happen.

The satisfaction of our clients is very important to us, we are on constant renewal to be able to offer to our guests modern facilities and always the best service.

We hope to be able to serve you again in the near future when your travel plans bring you back to our beautiful Belizean beaches.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights on our honeymoon. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Like stated multiple times the resort is located 9miles north of San Pedro. We took the water taxi from Belize city to San Pedro and rented a golf cart in town for the week. It was relatively cheap and worth the money. Although the roads were a bit bumpy we thoroughly enjoyed the scenic drive. The resort has 3 pools and a bar between two of them. We loved the pool side bar and the restaurant gem as well. A tip if you stay here they can open up a tab for you to pay off at the end of your trip so you don’t have to carry your wallet with you everywhere. Food and drinks were always delicious! We also used the on site spa for a 90-min couples massage on the beach. You will not be disappointed! The hotel had bikes, kayaks, paddle boards, and other equipment like volleyballs for you to use free of charge which was amazing. Our only complaint would be from no worries tours, which is the on site tour company affiliated with the resort. We tried multiple times to book tours to go snorkeling, beach hopping, among many others. They never made themselves available and could never give us an answer as to when the next tour would be. After a couple days of frustration we decided to take our tour business elsewhere. We ended up finding tour companies in town to take us to where we were wanting to go. They’re really easy to find in town and we used multiple places for parasailing, snorkeling, shark ray alley/hol chan. Plus it’s nice to go into town for groceries and to check out other restaurants. San Pedro is not difficult to navigate so I wouldn’t be afraid to venture out. Other than the frustration of no worries tour we had a great visit and will be back. The front desk staff allowed us to check out the night before we left and leave our keys in the room. We had to leave really early to catch the water taxi back to Belize city to catch our flight home. You can’t go wrong laying on one of the chairs or hammocks on the ocean front. Thanks for a wonderful honeymoon.

Room Tip: Buy groceries in town and cook some of your own meals to cut down on costs.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Humberto A, eCommerce Manager at Sapphire Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear Tasha

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you during your visit to Belize. We are glad that you had a great stay and that our services, location, and staff were ideal during this special occasion, your honeymoon.

We apologize for the inconvenient while trying to book some tours from No Worries, we will discuss this with them as our goal is to make all activities for guests as seamless as possible.

We'd love to serve you again next time you come to Belize, feel free to reach out to us, we'd love to help you plan your next visit.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

When my wife and I go on a trip, it is to get away from everything and the Sapphire delivered! A bit far from town for some but this is what we were looking for. They did an admirable job of keeping the beach clean even though the sargasm was relentless. Because of the location, we pretty much had the dive crew to ourselves so each dive was practically a private guided dive! They are a little higher priced than what you can get in town but the fact that they are located on site makes it worth it. Diving was unbelievable (or unbelizeable, as they say!), by the way. Lots of sharks, turtles, eels, rays, etc... Everyone at the resort was very friendly and quick to help with anything you might need although we really didn't need much as everything was in good order the entire stay. Try the Gem restaurant as the food is fantastic! The Belizian Colada was also very good! We ordered groceries ahead of time online and they were stocking our fridge when we arrived. Very highly recommended!
Can't say enough about this place. I'm ready to go back!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daebado
Humberto A, eCommerce Manager at Sapphire Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear guest

Thank you for rating us and sharing details of your stay with all of us here on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to see that you had a great time and that our staff helped make the difference. We focus on making the stays of our clients an unforgettable event and we can tell we succeeded with you.

We´ll be waiting for your next visit.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

If you want to party in San Pedro, it's too far from town for that, but if you want to play at the beach and enjoy tropical drinks poolside while the kids play it's absolutely ideal. The price for our 2 bedroom condo was very reasonable (we had a seafront, but they upgraded us to a spectacular sea front unit when we got there). Being able to cook most of our meals at the place was a big money saver. Have your groceries pre-delivered so you're ready to go when you get there. There restaurant on site is also quite good. Staff is friendly and was very helpful, particularly in arranging transportation from Belize City and back. Bottom line, would absolutely recommend this place to anyone looking for relaxing family vacation.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank pemdenver
Humberto A, eCommerce Manager at Sapphire Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear guest

Thank you for sharing with us details of your stay. We are happy to see that you also had a great stay and enjoy all our services.

We aim to make the stays of our clients something special, and we can tell we succeeded with you. Thank you again for such a beautiful review and we hope to be able to serve you again when you visit Belize.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We purchased a Cabana through Airbnb and I want to first start by saying that travel means different thing to different people so if you plan to go to Belize and relax in a modern living Cabana away for town and eat at one restaurant (the only one available) then by far this place is for you, however my fiance and I want to do just that and also have easy access to town for various eating options and adventure if we so chose.

Before we arrived we confirmed arrangements to pick us up from the ferry by cab and drive us to a grocery store in order to pick up some items being that there is a full kitchen to take advantage of, this would be about $25 for two people we were told and I planned on gladly tipping the driver for making the stop to the grocery store.

When we arrived "Hill" the resorts "go to guy"/"quick buck artist" tells me he's been looking all over for me, and that he was told that a black guy and a lighter girl would be waiting for him with Sapphire resort (I'm African American and my fianc'e is Chinese American mind you) How he was told our physical description is still lost on me. Anyway he tells me that our water taxi is near by waiting on us, this doesn't make my fiance happy being that she can get motion sickness and just got off a 1.5 hr. water ferry and was looking forward to our cab that we secured, I convince her to go with the flow and as we aboard this tiny fishing boat, six other women join us headed to same resort SMDH, we manage to get on and head to a grocery store that Hill assured us was the BEST grocery store on the island! We later discovered on our trip is one of the most expensive stores on San Pedro (example a bag of dorito's literally cost $18 Belize which is $9 U.S.) Then we get to the resort which is about 12min. away and Hill let's the party of Six ladies know that there fare would be $60 dollars and that our fare would be settled out with the resort, we then begin check in and the resort wants $50 from us for the transportation we just received :-/ To which I objected and reminded them that we 1. Requested a vehicle cab 2. Was assured we'd have our own cab and 3. Hill just received $60 from the ladies we shared a water boat taxi with which is essentially $110 for a 22min. shared shuttle ride. They told me they'd contact Hill to negotiate a fair price and get back with me, mind you upon checking out on my last day nothing was done about this very same grievance, they told me Hill still haven't gotten back with them and they'd call him to remind him of this same issue 7 days later mind you, as I stood at the front desk looking at her go back and forth with Hill laughing with what I assume were inside jokes about me, finally gets off the phone barely containing herself and informed me Hill says he's bring it down to $35.

We were told that the main town is in walking distance from resort which couldn't be more further from the truth, it takes about $35 min. by road and we had to rent a golf cart which is gonna run you anywhere from $300-$500 for a week and even more if you rent it from No Worries there activities concierge service that Hill is ultimately in charge of in some way or another- My fiance and I were laughing once we finally figured out the score and said that the name -No Worries-is for them, not you in that they're probably thinking "No Worries, we'll get them for every penny if they ever want to do anything haha.

There were other, inconsistencies, headaches, and over 60 mosquito bites each we thought we'd combat with baby oil and deet spray which did little to nothing.

Happy Travels!!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew W
Comment-Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Sapphire Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear Andrew,

We are disappointed that you did not enjoy your vacation booked through Airbnb with an owner at the resort. At all times we strive to make every guests stay an amazing one.

Noworries Tours is an independent Tour company that does transport and tours for our guests. They have a very good reputation on the island and we were saddened to see your comments on them.

Firstly we would like to apologize if indeed anyone associated with our resort made insensitive remarks to you. That is not acceptable in Belize as anywhere else. This will be addressed.

I did gather information from the owner you rented with, in regards to your ascertains that you were unaware of or given that incorrect information on our location in relation to town, transport arrangements and prices, just so I could address your concerns.

Our location though 9 miles from town, is not something we hide. In fact we view it as a positive for people that want a relaxing serene vacation, but close to some of the world's best snorkeling and diving as well as kayaking, paddle boarding and fishing. You also cannot beat laying in a hammock on the beach and drinking a cocktail.

Reading through your corrosponedence it clearly showed that you were very much aware of not only our location but also distances to places and activities on the island.

This was discussed with you and you actually initially cancelled your booking based on the distance to town and transport. You stated you wanted to be able to easily visit local towns and Belize City. Even though we are on an island off the coast of Belize City.

After you cancelled you requested to rebooked. You stated that after doing research you realize there is "no easy way to get around anywhere in Belize" and "the accommodations was your first choice".

You were also sent a guest manual that has a lot of relevant information in it about location, distances, prices and transport options.

We truly want all our guests to enjoy their stay and not be surprised by anything. It is not in our best interest to have unhappy guests.

While we appreciate Belize may not be what you expected. We do give out as much information as possible so our guests are aware of the important information and logistics related to staying with us.

We feel your review is misleading and we hope you will consider removing or editing it, to just include the accurate facts.

Again we are truly sorry Belize and our resort did not meet your expectations, as your enjoyable experience and relaxation is our top priority.