Lowest prices for your stay
RM 1,788
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
eDreams
RM 1,788
Krystal
You HAVE to stay here!
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 May 2021
I’ve put off writing this, because words can’t even describe what an amazing experience we had here. We had pretty high expectations going in, but they surpassed them in every way possible. This place is so intimate, and you really get to know the staff. They are personable, and they are kind. I was so sad to say goodbye to Marilyn. I loved chatting with her throughout our stay. It felt like I was taking to a friend. Tristan is incredible. He took care of everything, and the excursions he arranged for us were amazing. They were everything we wanted and more. The guides on the excursions were so nice and they made us feel safe and comfortable. It felt like Tristan was a travel agent. He was arranging things and answering all our questions before we even got there, and he never steered us wrong. You will not get this type of service staying at a huge resort. We were there on Easter, and they set up an Easter egg hunt for all of the children! We had no idea that they’d be doing this. It was such a great surprise, and the kids were all so happy.

The location is perfect! Close enough to take a golf cart into town, but also tucked away and removed from the business of town. We had so much fun taking the golf cart over to find food and explore. The breakfast at Pelican Reef is included, and oh my gosh, so good!! We looked forward to it each morning. I tried everything on the breakfast menu, and nothing disappointed! My kids could not get enough of the banana pancakes, and now that we are home, they still talk about them.

I could go on and on about how incredible this place is. We were there for nine days, and I do not have a single complaint. While we were there, my husband and I would often talk about how lucky we were to find this place. My family and I can’t wait to go back to Pelican Reef. Best vacation ever. Thank you to the amazing staff and all of the kind Belizean people who made us feel safe and welcome.

Excursions:
Day at sea with Captain Oliver
Cave tubing, zip lining, Mayan ruins
Half day fishing and snorkeling
RM 2,672
  • Agoda.com
    RM 745
8.1 km from Pelican Reef Villas Resort
Free parking
Enjoy that view and the sea breeze!!!
Fully refundable
  • StayForLong
15.8 km from Pelican Reef Villas Resort
View more hotels in San Pedro
1,709 results
All reviews golf cart ambergris caye captain oliver banana pancakes fish dinner reservations breakfast was included paddle boards every morning hidden treasure swim up bar miles south of town black orchid washer dryer full kitchen long pier the entire staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 April 2021

It has been eight years since my last scuba dive. I'm older and slower so, I wanted a place that would provide amenities AND scuba. Pelican Reef did exactly that. They supplied a gorgeous 2 bedroom suite with a great view and provided me with an experience mega-millionaires and royalty normally get.

It started with arrival. They were at the San Pedro airport waiting for us. We never touched our bags or scuba gear (massive and heavy). Everything was waiting for us in our room after check in.

Tristan and Marilyn made sure our stay was effortless. They setup our dives, scheduled a massage to soothe achy muscles, and suggested great island restaurants and made the reservation.

I have never had such attentive or complete service. And, I have traveled to lots of dive sites. Mostly you get a bare bones accommodations, basic needs and passable food.

At the Pelican Reef, the kitchen was superb (I particularly enjoyed the Fish Tacos), the water is soft, they have AIR CONDITIONING and the view is definitely a check off the bucket list!

The diving is unbelievable. The dive shop (Belize Pro Dive Center) picks you up at the Pelican Reef dock. Its two minutes boat ride to Pro Dive, from there five minutes to the dive site and like Pelican Reef, Belize Pro Dive makes sure your dive is effortless. I'll leave a review on their Trip Advisor comment page with further details.

Bottom line.... Pelican Reef Villas is my new favorite dive resort.

Room tip: The Pelican Reef Villas are all two or three bedroom suites. All the rooms are great.
1  Thank 632georgeu
Reviewed 14 April 2021

There are really so many positive things to say about our experience staying at Pelican Reef Villas last week that I know I will not be able to scratch the surface in this review, but I will hit some of the highlights.  We were there with a family of four (dad, mom, B15, and G12) for spring break.

1.  As others have mentioned.  The service is absolutely top-notch.  The entire staff at Pelican Reef is very friendly and helpful and constantly go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and help you relax and enjoy your trip.

Tristian (not sure concierge fully covers all that he does) is incredible and will help you with just about anything you need, including dinner reservations, booking excursions, refreshing your beach towels, ordering groceries prior to your arrival, and so much else.  He is seemingly always there at his desk and there to help morning, day, and evening.  Such a nice, welcoming person, and makes the whole experience so relaxing and pleasurable.

The bartenders/servers Kai and Naim are both so friendly and make one of the best rum punches you will ever have.  The swim up side of the bar is so relaxing and refreshing.  They are both very helpful and knowledgeable about what to do on the island.

The whole staff are truly wonderful people and you will leave being happy that you've been able to get to know them.

2.  The property itself is beautiful.  Right on the water is not even an apt description.  It is literally RIGHT on the water.  You almost feel like you are hovering above the sea from your villa balcony.  All of the hammocks, lounge chairs, cornhole game set, and other waterfront amenities are well-kept, clean, and make it so effortless to relax and enjoy the incredible views and sea breezes.

The dock is in terrific condition and has many lounge chairs available to sit and relax.  They will even bring drinks from the bar out to you if you want.  The snorkeling / swimming area at the end of the dock is safe and refreshing.  There is a surprising amount of fish and other sea life right there you can enjoy with a snorkel and mask.

The villas are extremely well-kept, clean, and well-equipped with glassware, kitchen tools, iron, bath towels, satellite TV (including smart TV capability with Netflix, Prime, etc.).  We stayed in unit 5 (upper level on the water) and it had three nice sized bedrooms, each with its own bathroom which made it very comfortable for a week of family time.  The view from the room was absolutely breathtaking.

3.  The breakfast that is included is fabulous.  It's so convenient to be able to just walk down and enjoy breakfast right there while you plan your day (which Tristian is always eager to help with).  Lunch is great there too.  Try the tacos or fish sandwich!

4.  Excursions.  We did a full day at sea with Captain Oliver and it was worth every penny!  He and his first mate Michael (who is an incredible spear fisherman) will take you out fishing and snorkeling all day and come prepared with everything you will need, including snacks and drinks (beer and run punch included).  They are expert fishermen and snorkeling guides and make the whole experience comfortable and safe.  They go through everything with you in detail so you feel ready to go before jumping in with all of the amazing sea creatures, including sea turtles, manatees, nurse sharks, and many more.  The Hol Chan area of the reef is one of the most beautiful things I've ever experienced.  They also have access to a cool little private island where they will stop mid-day and cook up some delicious lunch with the fish you catch in the morning and also some very tasty jerk chicken.  This excursion is a must!

We also did another snorkeling excursion with Edwin which we very much enjoyed as well.  He is a great guide and very knowledgeable about the coral reef and all of the fish and sea life.

4.  Golf Cart.  Definitely rent a golf cart for the whole visit.  You will need it to get into town to eat dinner and explore the island.  You can even drive it over to Secret Beach which is a really fun adventure.  You will see crocodiles along the way.

Needless to say, we loved our trip to Ambergris Caye and Pelican Reef.  The kids had an experience of a lifetime and it was a really easy place to enjoy family time together with a nice mix of adventure and relaxation.  We will definitely be back!

5  Thank jimwR2280DQ
Reviewed 10 April 2021 via mobile

Tristian and the whole Pelican Reef team are amazing! Great resort with awesome beds and comfortable living spaces. And all the activities and meals are amazing. You have to rent a golf cart and cruise around

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank rhowick
Reviewed 9 April 2021 via mobile

Our Family of 5, along with 3 other families, spent 10 days with Pelican Reef. It was a vacation we will always remember. Beautiful facility with epic customer service! Tristian was a phenomenal concierge! He made all our plans and reservations, and helped us with last minute changes with grace. The rest of the crew, Mar, Kai, and others, always had a smile behind their masks. We genuinely cannot wait to go back! Thank you Pelican Reef Crew!!! I could not imagine staying anywhere else!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank bklecy
Reviewed 5 April 2021

I stayed at the Pelican Reef Villas for six nights in March with three girlfriends. The facility is beautiful and the staff is friendly and very helpful. They gave us great recommendations for where to eat and explore. The breakfast included in our stay was delicious and a great way to start our day. I hope that I get the opportunity to return.

Date of stay: March 2021