19 people are viewing this hotel
eDreams
RM 2,431
No prepayment needed
1,688 results
All reviews golf cart ambergris caye captain oliver banana pancakes fish dinner reservations breakfast was included paddle boards every morning hidden treasure swim up bar miles south of town black orchid washer dryer full kitchen long pier the entire staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 November 2023

A lovely serene small hotel on the beach. Service was great. Food was great. The swimming/snorkeling off the dock was great. The snorkel tours, especially Mexico Rocks were wonderful. The boat picked us up right at the dock. Can’t say enough good things about Pelican Reef.

Room tip: Skip the golf cart. Use taxis.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2023 via mobile

Pelican Reef — Spectacular in every way — small and intimate, staff is top notch — perfect balance of attentive and casual, felt like family even before we arrived. Tristan was great and helped plan excursions, provided recommendations on restaurants and NEVER steered us wrong. I could go on and on (and on) but could not recommend a place more. Thank you Tristan and everyone at Pelican Reef!

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2023

Pelican Reef Resort is paradise! The accommodations are super comfy and have everything you need. The resort is right on the beach and has a beautiful pool and bar. The best part is the people who work there. Tristan, Shawna, and Christian (and everyone else!) are the nicest people I’ve ever met. They took great care of us and were wonderful to hang out with. I couldn’t recommend this resort more, and I can’t wait to go back!

Room tip: Be prepared for the road to the resort. Lots of pot holes.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2023

Our family of 4 had a wonderful time at Pelican Reef Villas. I had such a hard time deciding where to stay, and I'm glad we chose this. We had a pool/ocean view villa, which was large and clean with AC throughout. The concierge and staff service was amazing, and the food was good. We did the Hol Chan/Shark Alley snorkeling expedition, which was so close to the resort. We also walked to dinner one night and took a golf cart out to explore Ambergris. It was a great time and would wholly recommend!

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2023

I have been to Ambergris Caye several times and have tried other hotels/resorts. Nothing compares to Pelican Reef. Once I found Pelican Reef I could not imagine staying anywhere else. The facilities, the staff , the service, location are top notch!! All the elements come together to create a vibe and atmosphere that put you at ease and a feeling of welcome and you are home. It has been almost 10 years since I have been able to make it back to the island and I was not surprised that the standards at Pelican Reef have been uncompromising and with all my traveling around the world, it is still one of the best places that I love to stay. I can't say enough about the attention to detail and the attention to service. Tristian provides superior leadership for the staff and the staff care about your experience as if you were their family. The location is perfect since it is a little out of town and less crowded, but close enough to get anywhere on the island. The grounds are impeccably groomed and maintained. The rooms are large, modern and extremely clean. Like I said, I can't imagine staying anywhere else on the island when I go.

Date of stay: October 2023