“Nice view. Bad food.”
Review of Popeyes Beach Resort - CLOSED

Popeyes Beach Resort
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

The menu is very poor and the service is almost as bad. I wouldn't bother eating here as the pepperoni pizza was almost raw dough and covered in melted cheese. The french fries were also very stale and extremely salty.

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

I've read the reviews and I have to say that I disagree. I liked this place. We ate here 3 separate times while on the island and were not disappointed once. It's not gourmet cuisine, it's beach food, but we liked it. No where else did we eat 3 times. We never had their breakfast but the burgers and fish tacos were good. Friendly staff also.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Don't bother with this place at all. We went for breakfast because it was close to our accommodation and on the waterfront. Worst food we've had in central america to date..... The eggs where soooo over cooked that I asked for new ones but was refused by management, so we walked out and left it. First time I've ever had to do that throughout all my travels!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Biggest food mistake we made. Stopped in for breakfast. Bad move. Over easy means over hard here, the bacon and ham were little tiny pieces (half a strip of bacon and very little ham). Toast was dry, service was poor. Go anywhere else to eat breakfast.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

After a long day of travel, we got on our bikes and rode into town. Popeyes was one of the first restraunts we came to. We ordered a couple of mojitos and some appetizers, and sat down at a picnic table right next to the water. Wow, those mojitos were good! They grind the mint and the lime when the drinks are ordered, and they are so fresh and delicious! We soon found out that nearly every meal comes with rice and cole slaw. I have never been a fan of American cole slaw, but this was really good. It was made with vinegar and some other ingredients that I couldn't name. We had chips and salsa, and grilled lobster. We enjoyed our meal, and found the staff to be very pleasant. We went back another day for some frozen drinks, and enjoyed those as well. We will go back again the next time we are in Caye Caulker.