“Outstanding! The perfect place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glovers Reef Atoll
Off The Wall Dive Center & Resort
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 1 July 2017

A vacation at Off the Wall Dive Center & Resort was exactly what I needed! I stayed there June 10-17 as a solo female traveler, and couldn't have asked for better service or experience. The owners, Kendra & Jim are amazing and make sure all the guests are happy and are having a good time. It was so much fun talking with them, the staff and the other guests during breakfast, lunch and dinner. Jim has some of the funniest stories, and Kendra's stories were just as interesting! I also must mention Kendra and Jim's pet duck Buzzy. He is so funny and fun to watch! I think he thinks he is a dog. Just watching him wag is tail was funny! The staff are the best! Terese's meals were amazing and very good. I'm getting hungry just thinking about her homemade bread! She also cooked some items that I had never tried before and they were VERY good (fresh snapper & barracuda). I have a shellfish allergy and she made sure to have some chicken available for me and another guest if/when there was a shellfish dish. The rest of the staff Amanda, Charles, Mario, Tony and Tyrone were just amazing. It was nice to get to know each and everyone of them over the week. My favorite quote from Tyrone was: "The pool is open"! I went on this trip to snorkel and to unplug and unwind. I got exactly that. The snorkeling was amazing and when I wasn't snorkeling I would walk the beautiful nature trail. I would find something new on each walk! I wish I could express in words how great Off the Wall is, but sometimes just the positive and warm feelings/memories you have about a place is the best. Yes I am planning on visiting again in the future, it was that good. Thank you Kendra, Jim & staff!

Room Tip: All cabana's are good. They all face the ocean so you get a good breeze at night and during the...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank HMW1214
There are newer reviews for Off The Wall Dive Center & Resort

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Our family of five just spent an amazing week at Off the Wall. Being able to paddle board, kayak, and snorkel anytime we wanted was so great! The abundant wildlife and healthy reef were awe inspiring. My husband and I weren't sure if we would dive....and boy were we glad we did! Some of the best diving we have ever done and some close up nurse shark encounters were breathtaking.

Eileen the cook was delightful and her food was delicious and plentiful! Tony and Tyrone made every boat trip feel safe and organized. Mario the night watchman played card games and did magic tricks with us every night. He was so much fun! Behind the scenes Junior and Charles worked to make the place comfortable and well functioning.

Kendra and Jim were excellent hosts, making sure everyone's needs were met and every detail planned out! We all agreed this has been our favorite vacation yet, and we plan to return in 2019!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Kendra N
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

From Kendra's warm & welcoming personality, to Eileen's amazing food, to Mario's competitive and fun games, to Junior's songs and stories, to Buzz the duck and Amanda and Tyrone's dive trips -- it doesn't get any better than Off The Wall. Beautiful scenery, and great cabanas too

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sherri-Lynne V
Reviewed 12 May 2017

We just returned from a week's visit and it was outstanding.

Off the Wall offers remoteness, tranquility, comfort, adventure, fun, and relaxation. It's a great place for snorkling, diving, fishing, and stress relief. A unique experience.

The entire staff is extremely professional and friendly. Wholesome and delicious food. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: All rooms are charming, comfortable, and authentic
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2017

We just spent a week at Off the Wall with my wife and daughter, and it was, simply put, paradise. The hosts, Jim and Kendra, created one of the most unique places I've ever seen in the caribbean, basically a whole island where for a full week, you are only with 5-6 other families, in the middle of an atoll, just off the wall (hence the name!) of the meso-american reef, with perfect crystal clear water. The diving was just superb (the dive master, the captain of the boat, and everyone in charge of the divings were extremely professional). Despite the isolation and how far it is from everywhere, they managed to create a beautiful place, with cabanas that were really comfortable, full service of three meals, all by an amazing cook, so it feels we were eating home food every day. Jim and Kendra are just incredible hosts, every day they were putting all their efforts so we will be comfortable and enjoying. My daughter (she is 14) certified as a scuba diver there, and I can't think of a better place to do it! no current, perfect visibility. After completing her certification, we dived for full 4 days together, and we saw turtles, rays, hundreds of different fishes and even dolphins! She is definitely spoiled to start diving like this! Although the place is particular unique if you are a diver (I was worried since my wife doesn't dive), even if you are not a diver, the place is a paradise. My wife did amazing snorkel, went for a run every morning, and enjoyed (we all did) just lying in the hammock in our cabana, relaxing, reading a book, etc. If you are into 5-stars hotels, this is not for you. The place, being that isolated, requires quite a logistics to be run smoothly (you need to be very conscious about water conservation, limited electricity and internet usage, etc.), so luxury this is not. But if you are eco-conscious, and are looking for an experience that will remain with you forever, this is one of the few places I can think of that is relatively affordable and yet so unique. I mean, one day we went out on a kayak with my wife, and after ~20 minutes, we were in the middle of the atoll (blue-turquoise water, calm lagoon type) and we were totally alone, just us for the whole time we were there. This was priceless. We still close our eyes and daydream of lying in our hammocks, just enjoying a nap, or the deep blue of the reef on our dives. I hope we can back soon!!!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
32.7 km away
IZE Belize
IZE Belize
#1 of 1 in South Water Caye

Been to Off The Wall Dive Center & Resort? Share your experiences!