We booked a slightly last minute (found out had some vacation time that needed use before lose) and were pleasantly surprised to find that the “low season” meant affordable and incredible experiences in Belize.
We opted to the all inclusive package with duPlooy’s to help reduce stress and to make the most of our 4 days in the jungle.
We can not say enough positive things about everyone we met at the lodge (our only complaint is that we were the only guests during this time). Although we would have liked to meet other travelers, the staff were so incredible and friendly that we did not feel alone.
Mariel arranged all of our tours and was beyond helpful; Ophelia and Josh were so welcoming and great to talk with during meals. The grounds crew, owners and tour guides were phenomenal. The food was delicious!
As far as facilities, the lodge is eco-friendly (we loved this), rooms were very clean and well maintaned. No AC, so ceiling fans and open windows were the way to go. The owners’ cat adopted us for the days we were there and insisted on sleeping in our room with us (we are animal lovers and she knew we were suckers for purring and lap sitting).
The tours all set out first thing in the morning... yes your are vacation, but get up early and do this to get to the places early to avoid the cruise ship crowds. We did the ATM Caves (incredible!), day trip to Tekal (gorgeous) and cave tubing paired with Xunantunich.
We flew to the beach following our stay (book this with your accommodation to get the discount). Nothing like crawling into a tiny plane, being allowed to sit in the navigator’s seat, and flying over the country!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- duPlooy's Jungle Lodge Resort, on the Macal River, an organic property since 1988, now powered by the sun, may just be the Eco-Lodge you are looking for.duPlooy's offers the original "Create Your Own Vacation' package as well as set packages for individuals and groups and custom packages which include other locations in Belize. Whatever you are looking for, we offer a great venue for your Belize Vacation for Families,Romantic Getaways and Honeymoons, Adventure Holidays and more. There is excellent Birding on and around the property as well as many on-site activities.Included with your room: continental breakfast, entrance to adjacent Belize Botanic Gardens, access to trails, use of canoes and tubes from our beautiful Macal River Beach,incredible bird watching from the deck with complimentary morning coffee, delicious meals from locally-sourced meats, eggs and produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your duPlooy's Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- DuPlooy's Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio