“The most luxurious vacation I've ever been on!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 24 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Camille S
“The most luxurious vacation I've ever been on!”
Reviewed 18 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018
people found this review helpful

Little Harvest Caye exceeded any expectations I could have had before going on this trip. Ernesto, the chef, had refreshing coconut drinks (literally in coconuts) waiting upon mine any my family's arrival. I then headed to my room where the most adorable elephant towel sculptures greeted me, paired with a beautiful view out on to the porch and into the water. The lodging was nice because everyone you're traveling with has their own space yet the palapa provides a nice gathering space for everyone to come together. Having the pool, swinging chairs, bar, pool table, ping pong table, living room, dining room and kitchen all in one central space provides a great opportunity to enjoy each other's company. Staying on a private island is the most unique location because there are not very many instances in life where you can look all around you and see no buildings and nothing but water, it's pretty cool!

One of the most memorable things about LHC was the three homemade meals prepared each day by Ernesto and his sous chef. The first morning we were on the island he made fresh french toast (with bread dough made the night before) which was the best french toast I've ever had. Not only were each of the meals delicious, they also had beautiful and ornate garnishes to decorate the plate (definitely instagram worthy). If you like dessert, I definitely recommend the carrot cake and chocolate lava cake, yum! Speaking of Ernesto, all of the staff on LHC were so kind and helpful! Miguel and Jose were there to help with anything needed and Sandy came to the rooms everyday for housekeeping and to collect laundry. She even hung dry some of the clothes I didn't want put in the dryer.

As far as excursions go I would definitely recommend the snorkeling of Silk Cayes (absolutely breathtaking) and having massages and mani/pedis done on the island. There is nothing that can make you feel more relaxed than getting a massage on the dock of a private island. An additional plus of the island is that is just far enough away from Placencia (about a 5-10 minute boat ride). If you go into town definitely get some gelato at Tutti Frutti and buy some Kaj Expressions jewelry from the Treasure box.

Your age range 25-34
Cretia S
“This was an island paradise.”
Reviewed 15 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018

The Location of the island was far enough away so you had a sense of privacy yet close enough to get to and from town. All the staff were exceptional, Ernesto, the chef was absolutely amazing, each meal exceeded my expectations.

gbandthre...
Jamestown, North Dakota
“"Absolute paradise"”
Reviewed 27 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018
person found this review helpful

Beautiful and peaceful. The staff was extremely polite and helpful. Ernesto and Miguel in the kitchen are FABULOUS! Best food we've ever had. Miguel and Jose great help with whatever we needed. We'd go back in a heartbeat. Kudos to all involved. #North Dakota crew

Your age range 35-49
Michael M
“The single best vacation ever....”
Reviewed 8 March 2018 for a stay in February 2018
people found this review helpful

From the pre-planning portion of the trip until we departed Belize...every detail of this adventure exceeded expectations...I can't wait to go back!

Your age range 35-49
pameatlan...
Atlanta, GA
“Excellent Couples Get Away”
Reviewed 4 February 2018 for a stay in January 2018
people found this review helpful

Perfect island retreat for five great couple friends. All the "houses" were nicely appointed and private. We were in the Jaguar which shares a wall with the Howler Monkey and it felt like we had our own building too. The outdoor bathrooms are the coolest thing ever. I miss the view from the shower already. The staff was attentive, courteous and professional. Most of the time we didn't even know they were there. Chef Ernesto catered to our every food wish and modified the menu a few times and was always willing to cook whatever the guys caught fishing from the dock and island. After the first night we had one suite that didn't have their AC or bedroom fan. As soon as we let them know they had repair guys come over on the boat and they worked until both were fixed.

Be aware - even though we went during the "dry" season - it was cool, windy and rained A LOT. We did not have one perfectly sunny day. But the house has plenty do do even in the rain. Bring movies, plastic coated playing cards. There is an excellent sound system that you can Bluetooth into. Satellite is pretty consistent and wifi works well. If the hot water stops don't hesitate to let staff know. Sometimes wind blows out the pilot light.

To answer the BIG question about alcohol. Buy it duty free once you get your luggage in Belize. Use Laurens - it is right by the baggage carousel. You can bring in 4 bottles per person. You'll need your passport to purchase it. It was a little more expensive than buying it duty free in Atlanta - but you can only bring in 2 ltrs. per person that way. We took a Maya Air flight over to Placencia and weight didn't seem to be a problem. We did bring two bottles of wine in our checked bag and that was great too.

Chef or no chef question: 100% use the chef and his food. It's a great value and so delicious. You'll be spoiled by day 2 just being able to sit down and have a meal served. They asked every day what time we wanted our meals and were very flexible around our excursions. For 3 meals a day plus an afternoon happy hour snack we spent $405/couple. Most everything you do will be in cash. We budgeted $2,000/couple for food, staff tip and several excursions and I'm sure everyone came home with cash. I believe we came back with about $500. No need to change money. Everyone takes US dollars but you might get Belize $$ as change.

For excursion: I can not recommend Taste Belize highly enough. See my more indepth review on TA - but Lyra and Peter were excellent. Above and beyond.

Any suggestions? Sure - Klennex in the bathrooms, change the hand towel in the common room bathroom a bit more often, a bar sink in the bar would be great, some fold up chairs for the beach area (horse show watching etc) would be helpful.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing