“Great Coffee with Awesome People”
Review of The Snack Shack

The Snack Shack
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Family-owned and operated ensures that everything is clean and comfortable. Relaxed and inviting - excellent food without all the fuss of "fancy"!
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We just stopped for a quick cup of coffee on Wednesday, which is "donut" day ..... no donuts due to Christmas. We stayed for coffee and a chat with the owner who could not apologise enough. What an awesome couple ... she runs the snack shack, while her husband Roberto runs a tour guide company called Wild Things.

They are both very personable, easy to talk to and have a good laugh with.

1  Thank Trish1994

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

I’m always here but especially at the end of the month with my daughter . I don’t feel like I’m eating at a restaurant I feel like I’m at home or a relatives house ! Snack shack gives you that “ homey , chilling on a Saturday morning “ vibe. I like that the entire family is involved and everybody is always so welcoming and helpful. I’ll be back time and time again . I give this place a billion trillion ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️.

1  Thank Nirisi C
Reviewed 28 August 2017

This is a small hidden lunch place in town. We had the best lunch of our entire trip there. Only outdoor seating, it was soooo hot, but the fans made it bearable.

1  Thank AdrenalineAK
Reviewed 18 August 2017

This is a cute little place that buzzes with activity. I only wanted a snack and had to try the fry jacks and lime juice. Really good, but the fry jacks were a LOT more than I could eat. Generous portions, nice people, good place to hear all the latest gossip.

1  Thank franciefuhrel
Reviewed 28 July 2017

I went here for lunch and the only thing on the menu is their burrito - you just pick all of the fixings that you want (type of wrap, meat, beans, cheese, veggies, sauce etc). The burrito was huge but it was just average tasting - not great, not poor - and the sauce options were very strange for burritos. The mango slushy was good and so was the brownie. I would only recommend this spot if you like large, American-type breakfasts. This is not my style so I have not tried their breakfasts but others who like this find the restaurant great. Essentially, this place is good but it is not excellent like some of the other restaurants in PG. Personally, I would suggest that you try Gomier's, Naledo's Indian, Asha's, Waluco's, Boneville, or Marian's instead. I am very surprised at how high this restaurant ranks in comparison to all of these others. Others on tripadvisor rave about the owners but I did not have a chance to meet them.