“Great tacos and good location”
Review of Tacontento

Tacontento
Ranked #100 of 561 Restaurants in Guatemala City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 14 February 2016

This is a great spot for tacos. They also have fairly good mixed drinks, like margaritas. I recommend the chorizo. It's made in-house and is definitely the best meat for tacos. Maybe dos chorizo tacos and dos of another type? :) Oh, and get ready for Mariachi--they will find you here.

There are newer reviews for Tacontento

Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

I was searching for some tacos on our trip through Guatemala city and saw this restaurant off the side of the main road so we stopped in. It's located in a shopping plaza and is nice, clean and decent prices. They serve you a tray of their house sauces with your meal and all are delicious. We were so hungry from driving all day that we ordered 2 orders of tacos each and a plate of guacamole and chips. The guac was great, I filled up on that before my tacos even got to the table.

I had ordered shrimp tacos and they came out so fast I didn't even understand how they could have prepared them. Here's the thing, they are simple tacos and you basically dress them yourself from what they bring you to the table so it makes sense why the service is so speedy.

You get your meat on your hot tortilla and you can just add whatever you want to it. I put everything they gave me on mine plus the guacamole from my app I ordered. They were delicious. I don't think I needed 2 orders especially after the app as well but they made for a good Snack later.

The location itself was nice, rustic atmosphere and clean bathrooms. The server was kind and helpful as we struggled with ordering having limited Spanish :) Check it out if you're around and wanting some tacos Mexico style

Reviewed 19 November 2015

Steps from the major hotels of GC, tacos made in front of your eyes. Open air dining area, respectable tacos with a good selection of fillings and probably a safer bet than pushcart vendors. Sitting close to the street gives you fresh air and people watching but street peddlers have easy access to you, too.

Reviewed 29 August 2015

Very good tacos and enchiladas,
they also nice sauces
decent prices
we had very good service
the location was easy and seemed safe walking around as a family

Reviewed 21 August 2015

The location is close to many of the hotels and easy to walk to in zona 10. I liked the carnita tacos with soft shells. I especially enjoy the 3 different salsas that come with the meal. And don't forget a nice cold Gallo beer.