Hotels.com
Priceline
eDreams
All reviews busy road late at night breakfast buffet is property city guatemala uber airport housekeeping jacuzzi pillows shuttle
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 March 2022

We had a difficult time trying trying to book a double bed room for a family of five, two adults and three children under the age of 10. The reception supervisor had a hostile attitude towards allowing to stay in one room. He informed us about a limit and was not understanding to the fact that we were traveling as a family and that our children were very young. We asked about an extra bed and we offered to pay more, but he was adamant that we book two rooms. Because my husband is from Guatemala and it was my and my children's first time, our comfort was his priority. He informed the reception supervisor that he would be staying with family and that the room would only be for four. The supervisor agreed, but made it clear that my husband would not be allowed to go in and/or visit us in the hotel. This just seemed too hostile for us. We decided to call the Westin Camino Real. Our experience was very positive from the moment making the reservation up until we left the hotel. We had no problem booking for five. We stayed two weeks and I have nothing but wonderful things to say. I have to say that I observed people visiting guests at the Westin without a problem. Everyone there was courteous and attentive. Most importantly, the Westin, Camino Real is in a better part of the city with shops and many restaurants where you can safely walk to. This is not the case with the Hilton; it's next to a busy highway. The main reason I initially wanted to stay at the Hilton is because I am a Hilton Honors Member, however, after having received such an unhelpful and hostile attitude from everyone we spoke to, I'm thankful we stayed elsewhere.

Date of stay: February 2022
1  Thank M5Family
Zulma Mayorga, Revenue Management at Hilton Guatemala City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2022

Dear Family,
We deeply regret all the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We clearly understand that it was a misunderstanding that caused this situation, so we will take corrective and service measures with our staff to prevent this from happening in the future.
We sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to tell us about your experience and allow us to correct it, as we believe that this is the only way to improve.
Kind regards!.

Reviewed 23 December 2021

It was a very comfortable stay. I felt cared for especially in the midst of virus concerns by the attentive staff. They went above and beyond to be accommodating and kind in their treatment of the guests.

Date of stay: December 2021
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Zulma Mayorga, Administración de ingresos at Hilton Guatemala City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2022

Thank you for your recommendation to us it is important to make you feel at home. We are waiting for you soon!

Reviewed 11 December 2021

This is a Beautiful Hotel, it’s a colonial design. Each area is Ike an small “Villa”
Lots of beautiful architectural details.
Very clean! Very safe! Great food!
I recommend it with no hesitation.
Each member of the staff is very kind. Excellent service.

Date of stay: December 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank Marianecalvillo, for your recommendation, our property is designed to be comforting and feel the atmosphere at home, we are waiting for you soon!

Reviewed 29 October 2021

Stayed here as Diamond member on a generous cash rate. During check-in, I was greeted by the amazing team of FD Supervisor Margarita and FD Associate Christian. Despite being at high (operational) occupancy at check-in, they were able to accommodate my request from two beds to one bed and also provided a complimentary upgrade from a standard room to a deluxe room.

Some rooms on the ground floor have outdoor access. My only stay issue was that the first room had an external door that couldn't be locked. I was moved to a higher floor, but then my safe wasn't functional. On my final room switch, FD Manager Andrea and FD Associate Danny offered a further upgrade to a Corner Room which had no problems and was well spacious.

Despite the property's agent, the classic Spanish architecture is stunning. However the location is further away from the city center than competing properties. There's no pedestrian access to/from the property, but it is directly on the Pan American highway for easy vehicular access.

COVID Impacts: Default housekeeping is every other day. Executive lounge is closed. In-room bottle water is complimentary for guests otherwise eligible for lounge access. Hotel is not operating 100% of rooms, particularly rooms on the highest floors. Disappointingly, stay surveys/evaluations at this property are currently not being emailed after check-out.

I'd like to give a special acknowledgement to Manuel Guyan for excellent service at every meal in the hotel's restaurant. Margarita for doubling as a concierge and booking my activites while in Guatemala. My tour operators were unexpectedly cash only and I'm partial on card and digital payments. Margarita vouched to management to let me cash advance from the hotel above the normal limits to cover these activities. Thank you so much again!

Finally to Christian, who not only was kind and patient during all my requests, but also provided local snacks and souvenirs out of pure generosity! His note was an important reminder that kindness and patience are most needed and most appreciated in situations were it is hardest to express.

Room tip: If you like to explore the surrounding area on foot, this hotel isn't for you!
Date of stay: September 2021

Thank you, Miss. Mariana. it is comforting to read that your stay was pleasant, we appreciate your opinion and especially your observation in relation to the inconveniences with our rooms, as you will understand we are in a process of recovery from this unexpected time of the pandemic. We will send your words of thanks to our reception and restaurant team. We are waiting for you soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2021

Room was ok, nothing big, maids only come every other day, kitchen closes at 830pm.. Staff is friendly, and helpful. 15 dollars charge for taxi from airport to hotel, about a 12 minute ride, so very expensive.

Date of stay: May 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Zulma Mayorga, Ventas at Hilton Guatemala City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2021

Our property has colonial characteristics, with a combination of gardens that provide our guests with spaces of relaxation and comfort.
We appreciate your comments for us it is important, we have gradually made adjustments to our service hours adhering to sanitary regulations due to this pandemic, as well as implemented our biosecurity program by Hilton taking care of the well-being of our guests. We hope to see you soon!.