Lowest prices for your stay
RM 506
Hotels.com
RM 514
Fully refundable before Sat, 2 Mar
Get rewarded with One Key
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We had a quick turn around so we were only at this hotel for about 7 hours to sleep. We arrived at night so I don't really know much about the surrounding area but the hotel was NICE!! We had been traveling around to little village towns and this was the best hotel on our trip. The beds were super comfortable and the wifi was fast unlike all the other hotels we had been in. Room service food was good but it took a while because they were closing when we arrived and then everyone in our large group of 35 ordered food. My room had a great layout however I heard in other rooms it was weird like the bathroom door couldn't open all the way due to a bed being in the way. Lobby looked nice and staff was nice! My only complaint was that I couldn't get hot or warm water in the shower, it was ice cold. I would stay here again!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank madextiger
Reviewed 15 June 2017

I loved the hotel, the lobby has marble floors and lots of wood decorations. If I have to go back I will definitely go back to this hotel. Front desk attendant was really nice and helpful. It is located in zona 1, very centric location.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

This is an old hotel in quite a shabby part of town. Understandably it's a poor country but the hotel is trying hard. Staff were helpful, polite and all you could wish for when you can't speak their language. The place was clean, our room looked as it had been recently painted, however the color schemes are remarkably dated. The place must have been amazing in the past. I wish this hotel nothing but good luck and hope they continue to improve. We only stayed one night, the complimentary drinks on arrival were an unexpected plus, breakfast was great as it was included and the free shuttle to the airport the added bonus. I suggest people do not knock this hotel because it does not match up to places they have stayed elsewhere as having seen the surroundings they have done well to survive.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Derick P
Reviewed 28 November 2016

Our room for two nights was spotlessly clean! The hotel staff were so helpful and one nice young lady spoke English. The FULL free breakfast each morning was delicious! A complimentary cocktail with appetizer was provided for us on our first night. There are MANY great restaurants nearby that can be reached by walking down the pedestrian only street in front of the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel to travelers coming to this city.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank caribbcon
Reviewed 17 November 2016

It's a bit like stepping back in time when you come here, but that's not necessarily such a bad thing. It's in a great location, right in the heart of the city, walking distance to all the sights, plus they have a free shuttle bus that will pick you up and return you to the airport, all very positive things. However, the property is old and tired. Check in took forever. I don't know what the problem was with the two people ahead of me, but it took 45 minutes to check them in, while several hotel staff in suits just wandered around the lobby doing nothing. They could have helped out the sole check in clerk. Check out was also painful. A security guard had to go and check the room - Lord knows why, there is NOTHING to take - and she couldn't have been in less of a hurry had she been a snail. As I was leaving early in the morning, I then had to wait for her to unlock the hotel doors, something that again took an enormous amount of time.

Breakfast wasn't included in the rate, which was disappointing, so I didn't try the restaurant or the bar. The room has a TV but I didn't switch it on. The room itself was spacious, but with very, very old, basic furniture. WIFI is free and good strength, but the rooms are spartan. The curtains would barely budge and needed a really strong arm to close them and I wasn't able to close them the whole way. The bathroom is more modern and there is good hot water and shower pressure, but the basin sink was blocked and I couldn't unclog it.

The street is very noisy, but the noise did quieten down as the crowds dispersed. There are so many police on the streets surrounding the hotel, that it is a bit worrying. I didn't see any other properties anywhere nearby, so this seems to be the best and possibly only option to be right in the centre of things.

Date of stay: November 2016