Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
RM 489
Fully refundable before Sat, 2 Mar
Breakfast included
No prepayment needed
RM 444
Breakfast included
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews hour security parking on site appointed hotel brick wall great employees within walking distance safe location refried beans fresh fruit comfortable beds guatemala tgif airport closet mcdonalds neighborhood
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 March 2023

This was a very convenient overnight stop before an early morning flight. The staff were great and arranged to-go lunch boxes and a taxi for our 3:30am departure to the airport which was only 10 minutes away. Lots of western and fast food options within a five minute walk including Applebys, TGIF, MacDonalds, Burger King and Pappa Johns. Lots of other hotels in the neighbourhood, but Best Western offered the best price for our overnight purposes.

Date of stay: March 2023
1  Thank IanRoss82
Reviewed 31 December 2022

I travel to Guatemala to spend Christmas with the family. We stay at Best Western Stofella, place is well located close to the airport, restaurants, shopping malls, grocery stores. Hotel is clean and the staff went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable. They have parking on site so is very convenient.

Date of stay: December 2022
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 30 December 2022

My husband and I stayed here in December 2022 and when we arrived we were put in a room just behind the front desk. The room was the size of a closet facing a brick wall! Definitely not the room we booked which was a standard room. When we asked to get another standard room we were told it was fully booked and had to pay an extra $20 American!! With no choice and being tired after 2 flights we paid the extra fee. We booked this hotel months ago as we were there for a wedding. The room we got after paying an additional 20 dollars was nothing great and located by the hallway near the elevators and stairs. All night and early morning we could hear people walking and talking. There is a reason hotel hallways have carpeting!!! Plus! The hotel was definitely not fully booked as we noticed the next day. We stayed there the last night here as well as it was already booked and this time ended up in a tiny room with a window facing inside the hallway and the restaurant. So if our curtains were open people could literally look inside! Just crazy. Overall, the hotel is in a very good and safe location. Its clean and most staff are very nice. Be aware of this shady business. This is how the front desk staff are making extra money on the side and cheating you!

Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2022

We arrived at the hotel after our long flights, and found a small, well appointed hotel in the middle of the commercial district. It was our introduction to Guatemala. The staff were very helpful. Our group stayed on the 4th floor; some had an exterior view, others did not, but that was not important. The bathrooms were well equipped with thick wonderful towels, bathrobes and amenities. The rooms were well lit, the beds comfortable with several pillows. The breakfast buffet was well stocked with fresh fruit, eggs of your choice, porridge, fried plantains, refried beans, juice, and plentiful coffee and tea. Altogether, we stayed 3 nights at the hotel and were very satisfied with the service. On our return trip, some of us used the 4th floor lounge, which served a modified breakfast and late afternoon coffee and tea.

Date of stay: November 2022
Julio Galindo, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel Stofella, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2022

Thanks for your comments and preference hope you come back soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2022

On the 13th July I stayed with my family at Best Western Stofella in Guatemala City. I had booked a triple room with exterior views at a cost of 90USD. I was given instead a tiny room that could have well been the broom room in the past, with no windows, and with the door directly opening to the breakfast/rest area which ensured noise from 6:00 to 23:00 and gave no privacy at all. When asked at the reception whether we could have a room similar to the one in the pictures of our reservation I was replied I could for an additional price. I really feel fooled for the price I paid and feel the room description isn’t accurate nor honest.
Futhermore and previously this bad experience I had booked another night on 22th july at the same hotel. The booking machine assigned me one smoking room. In the remarks I suggested to the hotel whether it was feasible to have a NON smoking room. The answer from the staff was that I had to pay and extra of 23 $.
After the first bad experience I cancelled the second booking. Everything is documented from my part.
I asked explanations to the hotel but no one from this organization did not take the trouble to respond me.
I strongly do not recommend this hotel at all

Date of stay: July 2022
Julio Galindo, Director General at Best Western Plus Hotel Stofella, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2022

We are sorry for the inconveniences when you reserve trug a third party is not possible to do changes due to administrative charges. when you reserve in line trug a third party web site the reservation is made automatically out of control of the hotel staff.