Lowest prices for your stay
lorenzo_mtc
Pittsburgh
A good choice for Zone 1
Review of Hotel Spring
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Sept 2023
Basically I liked this hotel; it's the sort of charming, independent hotel I like staying in. I'll admit the charm has faded somewhat, and the building is showing its age. A good interior paint job is needed. But I was pleased with what was on offer -- a spacious, Spanish-style building built around a central courtyard, with wide walkways providing nice lounge-like sitting areas; a decent breakfast (at a modest extra cost), served in a cafe that remains open until early afternoon; and a large room, with clean beddings and bathroom, and a comfortable bed. The hotel has character, and it's a comfortable, roomy place to hang out in when your waiting out the late-afternoon rains.
Date of stay: August 2023
    RM 154
0.1 km from Hotel Spring
Restaurant
View more hotels in Guatemala City
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 August 2023

I've stayed at this hotel in the past and had a good experience but this time was very mixed. Firstly, they allow smoking despite "prohibido de fumar" signs all over the hotel. I found cigarette butts on the stairway leading to the second floor, and there was an older gentleman chain smoking in the patio. When I asked the front desk about this they told me that smoking was permitted in that specific area. I pointed out that there was a "prohibido de fumar" sign 10 feet from where the man was sitting and the front desk person just shrugged and did nothing. Since all the rooms open onto the patio, any smoking in any part of the patio reaches all the rooms (and makes the entire patio effectively a "smoking zone" since there is nowhere in the patio that one can sit and not be forced to inhale secondhand smoke). Secondly, on the second night of my stay, a large and boisterous group of men sat in the second floor lounge right outside the door of my room, drinking, talking very loudly, and playing music on their phones. This started around 8:30 and I was trying to work. Again I went to the desk, and asked politely how late guests were permitted to make a disturbance. The same staff person shrugged and said he didn't know, maybe 11? So I gritted my teeth and tried to ignore the noise (impossible). At 11 I went down to the desk again and said, "Okay, this is enough, it's 11 and they have to stop." He spoke to them, but they didn't actually stop, they moved their "party" downstair to the patio. It was a little quieter for a while, but at midnight there were still about 8 of them crowded around a table in the patio, drinking and talking loudly. The rooms are not soundproof so the noise was clearly audible from my room. I don't know whether it was this specific staff person but I was very disappointed in their lack of consideration for the comfort of a guest and their allowing one group of guests to create a disturbance. The men also left a large collection of beer cans, bottles, and food wrappers on and around the table where they had been sitting. On a positive note, the room was spacious, the bed linens were new, the other personnel were very helpful, there is a microwave and a water dispenser that has hot water so I could make tea and coffee for myself. Not sure I will stay here again, however -- unless it's the only option available. I'll translate this into Spanish in a separate review so that it is accessible to everyone.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2023 via mobile

Very nice hotel! Clean and safe. No A/C. Beautiful courtyards all around inside. There is a hot water shower head but it doesn’t work well. The staff are friendly! There’s a little cafe opened in the mornings. Big plus: a closed garage! We felt very safe there! It is on a busy road though so it’s pretty noisy!

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2019 via mobile

I loved the location and the charm of the plant filled courtyard but I was very disapointed when I was charged 50 quetzal because my friend came into my room for 45 minutes one evening. He did not spend the night and I was not told I would be charged when he entered the building. My friend, who is from Guatemala said it was a scam. I planned to stay here again when I return to the city in a few weeks, but now I will choose a different place.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2018

Super nice people but the beds were terrible. Broken springs and the smell of mold. We asked for another room but they were full. Good location. We had to put all the blankets on the floor because the bed was so bad it felt like we were sleeping on rocks. Just giving it a 3 because of the great staff at the desk.

Room tip: Go lay on the bed for a few minutes first.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2018

They had a ride waiting for us at the airport. This charming villa in the middle of the city felt removed, fairly quiet, and was relaxing. We had a good nights' sleep and woke to a delicious breakfast. The owners are friendly, professional, and extremely helpful.

Date of stay: February 2018