Porta Hotel Del Lago(Panajachel)
US$107
US$89
  • Pool
Hotel Regis Panajachel(Panajachel)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$52
  • Restaurant
US$109
US$105
Hotel Cacique Inn(Panajachel)
US$61
  • Pool
Hotel El Sol(Panajachel)(Great Value!)
US$25
US$21
Hotel Utz Jay(Panajachel)(Great Value!)
US$40
Jardines del Lago(Panajachel)
US$74
Posada de los Volcanes(Panajachel)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$155
US$136
Priceline
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$151/night.

All reviewsnature reserveminute walk into townother hotelshotel is beautifulbeautiful groundsevery morningaccommodationatitlanlakeguatemalapanabeautygarden
Reviewed 24 March 2018

After a very positive visit as a couple last year, my husband and I brought 26 friends with us this time! We were there for a weekend. All were graciously cared for, with breakfast every morning and even one lunch which was specially prepared. The required morning meeting was done in the lovely garden, which is a great way to relax while working. Not one person in the group complained and all want to go back when we are in GT next year. That says a lot! Many differing activities fit with the varied interests of our group. Cannot say enough good things about the staff or the place!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2018

We stayed here for a week. The restaurant was good. Everyone who worked there was helpful, made arrangements for transportation and advice of places in Pana. It is a quiet setting, about a 20 minute walk into town but there are always Tuktuks. We would return there anytime.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2018

As you can see the Hotel has a luxury with a excelent view of the lake and the whole nature that surround it. If I would like to visit it again? Of course I'll do, I really enojoy my trip on this Hotel. Just visit it, you can't miss it.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank josephreyes7401
Riveradellago, Manager at Hotel San Buenaventura de Atitlan, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

We hope to see you at the hotel again we are glad you enjoyed it !

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for three nights during our first visit to Lake Atitlan.

Pros:
-The staff are extremely nice and helpful
-Location is stunning
-private beach
-Mayan sauna
-free kayaks for use
-close to nature reserve, which is also awesome and worth a visit

Cons:
-No dinner served at hotel. Yes, you read that right.
-bedrooms are fine, but the bathrooms sorely need updating. Mildew and worn caulk on outdated shower doors. Cigarette stains on sink counter. Slow drainage.
-have to take a tuktuk to/from town. 10 quetzales each way starts to add up.
-we found a scorpion in our room. Yep. Again the staff were very helpful and tried to allay our fears but as a result of the encounter it was a pretty sleepless night

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2017

This was our first stop on our first visit to Guatemala. For this reason, I cannot provide comparison to other hotels in GUA in terms of value for money or expected quality, and can just give my experience. We visited in the low season and appeared to be some of the only guests in the whole resort.

Panajachel was due to be our first stop on the trip after landing in Guatemala City. Due to the awkwardly late time we landed, we couldn't find a transfer operator in advance who would agree to take us due to 'safety concerns' - though what these concerns were, we were never advised. Upon contacting the hotel, they immediately put us in contact with a local private transfer service who delivered us safely and efficiently to our accommodation without any stress or perceived threat.

The rooms are basic and slightly antiquated, though perfectly liveable and cleaned everyday. Beds are a little hard, but as this was the first 3 days of the trip after a 23 hour journey from London, I can't say it affected me. We paid about £30 a night and I would say this was maybe a little steep for the room but good value when you see the grounds - the view we woke up to on our first day was incredible! I can't recall the room being airconditioned, but due to the shape and build of the structure, it always remained a nice cool temperature inside.

The hotel grounds are set right on the edge of Lake Atitlan, with it's own private stretch of pebbled beach. The beach itself is nothing special, with a little dilapidated furniture but the grounds and pool area were perfectly manicured and clean with an unrivalled view. We rented a kayak from the hotel (I think it was complimentary) for a couple of hours and this was great fun!

Breakfast was nice enough and good value for money - once again the scenery topped this off. The coffee was probably the best I have ever tasted and you can order drinks to the pool throughout the day. One problem - it wasn't clear when the restaurant was open and certainly never appeared to be open in the evening. After a certain time the staff, who are there all day tending the grounds and the bar, seemed to completely abandon the place. When we realised the restaurant was indeed closed, we walked to the resort next door (which does have an exceptional restaurant and beautiful grounds of its own in fairness). I understand that there may not have been enough guests to warrant opening the restaurant, but I feel this should have been communicated to us.

The staff were lovely and very friendly. We felt very welcome. However, I should note for anyone who isn't Spanish-speaking, that there was a definite language barrier at this resort with the acceptation of a young gentleman who I believe is the manager - this shouldn't be off putting to anyone by any means, but I would advise having your translation app on hand.

The location of the property is set nicely on the edge of town, making it peaceful, without the sound of traffic. I am sure the hotel could arrange a taxi or tuktuk to collect you, but the walk will take about 15/20 minutes and is only slightly strenuous in heat/humidity and will require you to walk along the side of the main road into town. I wouldn't describe this as 'dangerous' or 'impossible' as some reviews on TripAdvisor state - one can only assume this person has never had to walk in a mildly urban area or may have a very nervous disposition.

The proximity to the Reserva Natural Atitlan (nature park) is less than 100m to the entrance and is well worth a visit with its monkeys, ziplines and hikes in the jungle.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel if you wish to relax and unwind for a couple of days in peace and quiet while you enjoy Panajachel, the lake and nature reserve.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple