Clarion Suites Roatan at Pineapple Villas(French Harbour)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$90
The Beach House(West End)
Book now, pay at stay
US$150
  • Breakfast included
US$179
  • Breakfast included
US$162
US$154
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$178/night.

Blue Bahia Resort(Sandy Bay)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$122
US$75
Blue Waters Hotel and Apartments(West End)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$45
Priceline
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
B Aparts Roatan(Coxen Hole)
TripAdvisor
All reviewseco diversrope swingwest endhot waterfishfront porchshort walkdirect waterlounge chairshawksbill turtlestrong wifithin wallsopen air restaurantyour doorstepdive shopgreat snorkelingquiet at night
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Excellent spot to relax for a single or a couple. I was solo travelling but really loved the peace and quiet at night. The main drag is no more than 5-minutes away and totally safe to walk alone at night and you can hit any bar or restaurant there.
Half Moon also offers great access to outstanding snorkeling and a fresh water shower to rinse off. Staff were fabulous!
All in all great value.

Room Tip: My room had AC and an overhead fan which was great
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hilary G
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Half Moon Resort is about an 8 minute walk from the rowdy action on West End Road, but offers peace and quiet when you want to retreat and relax. It's located right on the Bay off a small, safe, dead-end side road.

There is a multilevel deck that sits just before the water - great for sunrises, sunsets, or just enjoying some breakfast in serenity.

There are stairs leading into the water for you to swim, rope-swing off an old anchored boat, or snorkel. The Resort provides gear if you don't have any, and Eco Divers (a pro dive shop on premise) is just steps away if you want to get scuba certified, do some dives, or go snorkeling further out via boat. They were very legit and accommodating.

In terms of snorkeling, I must mention my friend/guide/Half Moon Resort employee Marvin: he is the Turtle Whisperer. If he offers to take you out for a snorkel, accept it. You won't regret it. The first trip (again, right off the stairs right near the deck) we saw 2 green turtles and a whole gauntlet of interesting fish within 10 minutes. A few minutes later, we were swimming with an abnormally curious, critically endangered Hawksbill turtle. This one hung out with us for awhile. Moray, groupers, snake eels, barracuda, and other species all followed. It was excellent.

The management and staff were helpful, accommodating, and genuinely friendly. They run a family business with a tight-knit group, and it shows (in a very positive way). I read the negative reviews and find it very hard to believe that Rene, a very articulate, pleasant, and educated man would try to intimidate anyone into purchasing lobster (or any items, for that matter). On the contrary, I saw him and other management/staff interacting with some difficult guests with a high level of customer service and grace. Everyone from housekeeping to waitstaff was great - not a bad thing to say.

They offer solid air conditioning in very nice rooms and free water to guests. This is a big deal for me. Roatán is hot. There charges for some things, but they are presented to you clearly prior to agreement. If you are a guest, there is a charge for a mini fridge. You can accept or decline. If you aren't a guest, there are hours and charges clearly posted for use of chairs. If you don't like it, don't..rent..the..chairs?

I only have 2 points of criticism for this place: get better pillows, and review prices on the lunch menu. Breakfast is on point, but some lunch items feel too high.

I'll definitely be returning - and bringing others with me.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Bungalows with AC and hot water right on a private beach with great snorkeling and access to a rope swing boat! The staff is incredibly friendly, and our room was cleaned daily. It is a short walk to the nightlife in West End, but far enough away for peace and quiet. Very serene. We are so glad we stayed here. Thanks Renee and Co.!!

~ Bryan, Los Angeles

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank amithedude
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Just returned from another trip to Roatan. This time I brought my daughter and niece. We stayed at Half Moon Bay Resort. I can't say enough about this place. The staff was wonderful! They were very attentive to anything we needed. It was so wonderful to just walk out your room and into Half Moon Bay with absolutely wonderful snorkeling. I definitely will return. I want to say thank you Rene for making our trip relaxing!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Great location, very nice staff, good food, strong AC, beautiful reef at your doorstep. Thoroughly enjoyed my 6 day stay. Rene, Sean & other staff were very nice & welcoming. Breezy, shady deck over the water is perfect for morning coffee. Or afternoon coffee! The kind of place you're sad to leave.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo