The Beach House(West End)
US$175
  • Beachfront
Clarion Suites Roatan at Pineapple Villas(French Harbour)(Great Value!)
US$90
Travelocity
US$179
  • Breakfast included
US$150
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$176/night.

Blue Bahia Resort(Sandy Bay)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$75
Priceline
US$460
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
B Aparts Roatan(Coxen Hole)
1,055 results
All reviewsaqua adventuresentertainment staffisland tourhenry morganfishdive shopocean viewlarge decktransat repwest endsand fleasoceanfront cabanaaqua gymbug spraybar closesping pongwine store
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I both dive so this was great for us, very secluded but wonderful shore diving . Our room was clean and spacious and right by dive shop. One of the best things was the quietness, I had great sleeps there. It is very secluded so if you just want quiet and relaxing with good diving and snorkelling it’s a good choice. If you need more action stay at west bay.
We’ve been to the island 8 times now and love Roatan . The entertainment staff did their best to get everyone involved , friendly and lots of fun. Things usually shut down by 11pm which was fine with us.
The food was ok , I found something I liked every meal. But breakfast was my favourite . The booze is pretty basic but again it wasn’t a big deal for me. I’m sure I’ll be back. Remember a vacation is what you make it and have fun

7  Thank Londonjule
Reviewed 26 March 2018

This was our second visit to this resort. love the short direct flight from Toronto. The resort is quiet, secluded and just what our family needed. Loved being unplugged!!! The main building does have wifi if you cant survive without it. Loved the small beach, snorkelling was beautiful right off the beach! Pool was great. Kenny the bartender was great! The only buffet has enough variety to make everyone happy. Loved the café/winery!
Rooms were clean and comfortable. My son loved the lizards everywhere! Ask for Ever, the best driver, gave us an amazing full day tour of the entire island. The resort staff were always very friendly and helpful. The entertainment crew were great! Again it is a small quiet, isolated resort. Loved it. the dive centre we heard was great, something we did not use. we have been here twice! really enjoyed it both times!

Stayed: March 2018
7  Thank tallgirle
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Don't believe the bad press surrounding this one .But don't compare it to a 5 star in Mx. We have had better food other places but we also paid a lot more . We absolutely loved this resort , and we're pretty dissapointed when we arrived at West Beach at another hotel for our second week , and 3 or 4 cruise ships had taken over the entire beach . Anyways back to the Media Luna . I found the food to be more than adequate . Breakfast and lunch were fabulous , dinners were a little lacking but still more than I needed. Every employee on the resort is very friendly . One that really stood out was Julio(I think) who was cooking omelettes in the morning , always a smile and just a real professional. Leonardo (I think) worked around the pool and couldn't do enough for us each morning ! It is a small resort and we made a lot of new friends to dive and snorkel with . Also rented a car with another two couples and drove right to the east end of the island (thanks for that , Rambo ,lol) . You will make new friends there , gauranteed , because that's the type of resort it is . The rooms are a little run down , but we just loved the cabana set up . It is just a very friendly small beautiful resort with no beach hawkers or anything to bother you . And best of all no cruise ships to take over your resort as happens regularly in West Bay and West End . Snorkeling is excellent right in front of the hotel , even found a nurse shark that hung around for 3 days ! Anyone that stays there and doesn't swim out to the reef and see it , has done themselves a grave injustice . This reef is just absolutely beautiful and only 50 or 60 meters from the dive dock . You can snorkel at your leisure anytime or all day if you like . There are also life jackets hanging up on the corner of the beach if you need them . The dive shop is excellent and the nice thing is you can just go get your equipment from the shed and go with a buddy anytime for a shore dive before 2:30 in the afternoon , I think ? You rent your gear for the first dive at beginning of week and it will be hanging there all week . You can also request a dive master to accompany you at a cost of $5 each . Well worth the money . The more you dive , the cheaper it gets , but even if you dive only once it is very reasonable . If you have any inclination to try diving , just do it , you might be Padi certified by the end of the week ! Thanks , Aqua Adventures for a great time ! Also did the night dive with them , different for sure . Lots of very knowledgable dive masters with many different languages . The resort has everything you need for a great week and we will definetly return to Media Luna , and there will be many more trips to Roatan for us . I finally found the water and Reef I have been looking for for 25+ or- trips !!! This 300 km long Reef is something to behold .

11  Thank sasksnorkeler
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I just got back from one week at Media Luna. This truly is a special place, unlike many other all inclusive vacations that we have been on. I absolutely loved the atmosphere, the smaller and more intimate resort that this place offers. It was always nice and quiet, and we never had to wait for anything. It is absolutely refreshing being able to have a wonderful choice of food, drinks, etc., without ever having to fight crowds. We also found the other guests to be very friendly.

The staff here are excellent. They are extremely friendly and do their best to help whenever they see a need. I had a lot of fun joking with the front receptionist, and had very nice visits with many of the other staff. They were also extremely appreciative of the gifts that I brought for them. I would highly recommend either tipping with cash, or bringing toiletries, make up, clothing, shoes… etc. All of it will be put to good use by these wonderful people. They all work incredibly hard, and it is uplifting to acknowledge all of the wonderful work that they do for us as tourists.

We absolutely loved the meals. It far exceeded our expectations based on other reviews. I found everything incredibly delicious, and enjoyed the variety. I also enjoyed the drinks at the bar… As previously stated on other reviews, they do not have high-end alcohol, but the beer is fine, is always cold, and goes down nicely with no aftertaste. Kenny is an extremely friendly bartender, and really enjoys his job. I also tried some of the mixed drinks, and found them to be quite refreshing as well. No complaints whatsoever!

The entertainers are wonderful. They are truly top-notch professional dancers. I greatly enjoyed doing the dance classes with them throughout the week. It was so much fun, and it was nice to be dancing more advanced moves, as many resorts will only teach you the very basic steps. They are truly amazing! Jacob and Antonio were 2 of my favourite entertainers. I found them to be incredibly sincere, and absolutely wonderful people. I do not remember the names of many of the other entertainers… But they were great as well.

I would not recommend booking any excursions through Wendy. I found her to be very pushy and judgmental. They are charging far too much, and you will easily be able to book with another tour company. We had excellent experiences at a much lower cost looking through other companies. If you book through another Tour company, be sure to specify that you want an English-speaking guide. We did book one excursion through the hotel. It is the one to West Bay, that includes access to the sister resort, Henry Morgan. It is US$40, and included a wonderful lunch. I was not impressed with the driver… He was late leaving, and also late taking us back. For whatever reason, we would load guests into the van, and he would go somewhere for 15 minutes while we all waited. He also stopped at the busiest gas station on the island to fill up with a total of 11 L of gas – I’m sure this was only so he could chat with the pretty gas attendant. He also made a second stop to speak with Wendy on the road! With 12 guests sitting in a hot man, you would think that he would have more respect for our time. Given that the hotel was making a lot of money from this excursion ($40USD x 12= $480)- it should be a given that it leaves on time, and also should not have made two stops along the way. This is absolutely unacceptable. Definitely do your research into excursions before you go. I can guarantee you will find a much better price outside of the hotel. One particular tour that we were especially impressed by was: Elias -you can find all of his information on Facebook – his company is called “ let’s go Roatan tours.” He was so knowledgeable, and an incredibly kind and caring individual. He truly made our day very special.

Overall, this is one of the most special places to visit. Despite the rooms, the cleanliness is fantastic, and the grounds are absolutely lush and amazing. I highly recommend coming here for a relaxing vacation.

7  Thank tara510
Reviewed 24 March 2018

We had a great time at this resort. Read the reviews here, and you'll have a good idea of what you're getting.

We really liked the quiet atmosphere, and the quaint beach.

We enjoyed the food a lot more than expected, based on reviews. The food was so much better than anywhere in Cuba. Love the fried chicken at the outdoor area, behind the bar. We usually did not have to wait long, or at all, to get served a drink at the bar.

The hotel staff really make this place special as well. Front desk staff, servers, luggage guys, beach staff, entertainers.....all very nice and approachable. It helps if you know some Spanish.

I really enjoyed snorkeling at the beach. I saw squid, and a lion fish, among many others.

There were a couple of negative points worth mentioned:

> The hotel excursions sold by Wendy, in the front lobby, are such a rip-off. Avoid booking anything through her. You can arrange any of these excursions on your own by hiring a driver. Just ask around the hotel, or look in the 'tours' section of TripAdvisor. All I did was contact the #1 ranked tour company on TripAdvisor, and the cost of his tours were much less than anything Wendy will try to sell you. I would say the only excursion worth booking through Media Luna/Wendy is the day trip to Henry Morgan, the sister resort, where a really nice meal is included, and access to the resort grounds. This was $40 USD per person. [however, the driver was terrible...he was always late, never communicated, and stopped at a busy gas station in Coxen Hole to put just 11 liters in the van...and talk to the pretty gas girl].

> We had the cheapest rooms, in the bland-looking building at the back. I think it was called Hilltop. The rooms were very basic, with little storage space. And the sink and shower water smelled terribly of sulphur. While there is a bar fridge, and it is well air-conditioned, surprisingly there is no telephone.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple