“friendly off the main path local place”
Review of El Paso

El Paso
Ranked #101 of 222 Restaurants in Roatan
Description: "Typico" Honduranian Food & cold drinks
Description: "Typico" Honduranian Food & cold drinks
Reviewed 3 March 2018

All items we had were great. Mary makes everything fresh and the wait is well worth it. The ceviche is excellent, the tacos are great and the Baleada was the biggest one we had on the island. When we returned there later that week, We were able to split the baleada for a light lunch.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Fresh watermelon juice, fish baleadas and local beer, all served with a friendly smile by the owner and cook. They use Wahoo as the fish and it's very tasty. The portions were large and very filling. The prices were good, and the view is excellent. I wish we'd found this place sooner as we would have eaten here several times if we could.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Very friendly couple who own this restaurant. Food was good. I asked for fish which wasn't on the menu but he came back to tell me they could do snapper. Great of them to try to accommodate me but it was only ok. My wife's baleadas was great and huge. Stick to the menu and you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Busybody67
Reviewed 11 April 2017

This little restaurant is adjacent to the Sandy Bay School right on the beach. It is owned by a nice couple named Mary and Nestor. I probably ate here 5 times during my one month stay as it was just a short walk down the beach from where we were staying on Sunnyside Rd. I always ordered the chicken baleada ($4) and although the portion was large I just had to clean my plate because the fresh flavors were so good. Mary makes fresh cinnamon rolls on thursday, white bread on monday, and wheat bread on tuesday. They are not open on saturday, but every other day from 7 till 7 you will find Mary in there waiting to cook you up a fresh dish.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

This is one of the places you could easily pass by and never know what you missed. The fried chicken and ceviche is great. This is also a good place to try the local dishes such as Baleada.