Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
US$80
SAVE US$23
Free cancellation until 01/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
eDreams
Agoda.comUS$80
TripadvisorUS$80
ZenHotels.com
All reviews internet issues month long stay enjoyed my stay ferry dock apartment bugs dive
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 November 2020

I opted to stay in town rather than on the beach for the lack of bugs and fantastic walkability everywhere. It was a wonderful experience. The owner, Marcella, is very responsive and on top of everything. Over my month long stay, there were a few small issues with the apartment and she called in people to have them fixed within an hour of me informing her of the problems. Impeccable management. We also had two hurricanes hit during the time of my stay and she checked in on me and let me know to stock up on supplies before both of them.

The apartment and house itself is in the perfect location. It is right across the ferry dock in the center of town, with several grocery stores and food places a short walk away and all dive shops within walking distance. No bugs, cute little kitchen and room, and surprisingly big bathroom. Housekeeper came once a week to clean, replace bedding, and drop off water if needed. I highly enjoyed my stay at this property and will stay here again the next time I visit!

Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 22 January 2019

Traveling as a 4 person family with 2 small children we were looking for low key family friendly accommodations. We were lucky enough to get an ocean front 2 bedroom balcony apartment! The view just can't be beat! The apartment was clean and included cleaning service once a week during our month long stay. The balcony had a clothesline and outdoor table to use. There was a small dock under our apartment connected to the hotel where our boys loved to jump from to take a swim and feed the fish that visited us daily! From our balcony we regularly saw sting rays, porcupine fish, barracuda and many other types of sea life. The staff was super accommodating and were there to answer all questions and concerns we had. If you book any excursions they will book for you and you get picked up right at the hotel dock! They own band beach which is a short walk from the hotel with a great little bar/restaurant attached to it. The food at Bando Beach was DELICIOUS and the staff there was awesome too! Just be sure to bring plenty of bug spray! We definitely recommend Sea Eye!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2019

Very friendly staff, on a last minute decision they helped me secure a spot in their hotel will forever be greatful very close to the beach has it's own private beach and great view my only regret was that I couldn't stay for longer

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lupe W, Manager at Sea Eye Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2019

Greetings!!

Thank you for your review and we are glad we could help you with your stay. We are happy you enjoyed your time with us and we hope you return back to us on your next Utila vacation.

Happy travels and safe trip wherever you go.

Reviewed 9 January 2019

Sea Eye is my favorite hotel when staying in Utila. Great beach, bar and restaurant at the beach, nice views, clean rooms, breakfast included. Nice hotel to visit with friends or family and enjoy the beauty of the island.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Greetings Francisco!

We are thrilled you had a great stay with us and we hope you will be back in the future to stay with us again. We love what we do and hope we can constantly grow with new demand.

We wish you happy and safe travels wherever your next destination be.

Reviewed 8 January 2019 via mobile

Terrible customer service, racists, dirty and disgusting bathrooms, bad attitude of employees and owners.

It's a nice place, but people transform it into an unpleasant experience. sometimes indifferent, sometimes apathetic, negligent even becoming hostile

Date of stay: January 2019

Greetings Warren,

I am now going to try to reach out to you publicly as we have tried countless times to call you, message you and contact you to find out what went wrong. You did send us back a message accusing us that we don't actually care. For someone who was extremely dissatisfied you make it extremely hard to right our wrongs or work towards being a better place.

We are extremely unhappy about your experience and would really like some more information regarding it. Particularly calling our staff "racist". The owner and the main office workers are born Hondurans and both have families and ties to North America - it would be weird they are racist to either side however if you feel they were or if there was a misunderstanding we would surly like to get to the bottom of it as racism has no place on our premise. Again if you truly care about this matter - like we do - it would be extremely helpful if you could give us more information. I think its safe to say that its been 1 month time and yes we are here still caring so please reach out to us.

We are a small team and love what we do so for us the fact you had such a horrible stay really shocks us. Please let me know if there is a way we can coordinate a talk (it can be anyway: phone, email, whatsap).This will be our last attempt however I do encourage you to speak up as there are power in words (yours above are quite powerful) and right or wrong the only way change is made is by open dialogue.

I wish you the best travel in the future and safe journey wherever you next destination be.

Sea Eye Hotel