All reviews medical clinic his wife cinnamon toast bed and breakfast the owner a fantastic place to stay beans pleasure of staying rooms are clean mayan ruins honduran coffee each morning roger hacienda community honduras town
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Talk about a hotel room, good food, good attention is easy, and you can find it in everywhere, but talk about and extraordinary and amazing place is hard, and different to find but la Hacienda La Esperanza is that and more, is the best place I have ever visit in all my years traveling, is more than just a room, is more than just a place to stay, Hacienda la esperanza is HOME, since the moment that you walk in their gates you start being part of the family, great bedrooms, amazing toilets, and incredible place. I could easily spend hours talking about this place, but I just encourage you to discover this place, and learned a new way of traveling. Living in your home away from home!

Jonathan Zelaya
Journalist
Comayagua, Honduras

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Wow! Honestly, everyone who goes to Copan Ruinas should stay here!!!
10/10! I loved the place, the attention of the family!! And Suyapa's cooking is the best!! I'm already missing Bigily!!! Such a relaxing and beautiful area to stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2017

This is one of the best places to stay in the country (traveled all around Honduras). Comfortable and homey. What stands out the most is how nice and accommodating Rodger and the rest of the staff is. Great outreach with the clinic as well all funds go to aid the outreach there, highly recommend.

Room Tip: Need two full days here to get it all in.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Hacienda la E, Manager at Hacienda la Esperanza, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Hello Adam,

Thanks so much for the kind review. It was great getting to know you and we hope you return soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Our family of four stayed for two nights in a breezy, comfortable room in this lovely hacienda. Everything is spotlessly clean and we were welcomed by Roger and his wife, Suyapa, with homemade lemonade and freshly baked cinnamon toast! The rooms are simple, clean, with authentic Mayan decor. Each morning, we awoke to a symphony of tropical birds and the soothing sound of a nearby fountain. We enjoyed chatting with Roger flanked by his faithful companion, Beagley. Breakfast was outstanding with freshly squeezed juice, homemade toast and jams, local fruit, and eggs any way you want 'em. Also enjoyed Belgian waffles one morning with local honey. Good Honduran coffee as well, endless pot. To sum up, we highly recommend staying at Hacienda La Esperanza for a family gathering, romantic get-away, or other. Very close to the Mayan ruins which are unforgettable!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Whiskers7
Reviewed 23 June 2017

I have only superlatives to use about my stay at Hacienda la Esperanza! It was most delightful, most restful, most hospitable, most reflective, most culturally respectful of me and of the Honduran culture. It is authentically decorated in Honduran culture. My cousin and I were very warmly greeted by the entire staff and the owner! I have been to lavish bed and breakfasts but have never been to a bed and breakfast that was genuinely as down to earth and nurturing like Hacienda la Esperanza.

Thanks to all for this most warming experience!

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same with their own private bathroom
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Hacienda la E, Owner at Hacienda la Esperanza, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Hello Lorenzo,

Much thanks for your kind review of the Hacienda La Esperanza. We hope that you will return soon to enjoy our hospitality here in Copan Ruinas, Honduras. Thank you so much for spending your vacation dollars supporting us and the people of Honduras, through our medical clinic for the poor.