“Safe and comfortable hotel”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Brisas de Copan
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Copan Ruinas
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

We spent two nights in this hotel and it felt safe. There is not a safe in your room but you can ask to get your passports saved in the reception's safe.
The room we had was a double on the ground floor. It was a bit small but comfortable. There was a Tv and a fan.
The hotel has a nice roof terrace.
It is walking distance from the Copan ruins (around 30 minutes walk) and 4 minutes from the central square.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Noise, noise, and more noise. The funny part is when we took the room we were told it was one of the quiet rooms. The family lives at the hotel and you can here them, their tv, and their yappy dog (who likes to start rather early in the morning). This may have been manageable except that we were kept up until 4am with exceptionally loud voices and doors opening and slamming shut. It was relentless and even with the window closed and earplugs we still didn't sleep. The noise from the family and the goings on of the hotel commence at 6am, so we got a 2 hour nap. Also, the room could be cleaner-we had some cobwebs and a lot of dust. The other issue is the lack of staff presence, despite people living there. They own the hotel across the street too and are always over there instead. Most of the staff aren't too friendly. There is one lovely gentleman who is very sweet and helpful, but he is it. We actually got a lot of help and arrangements made through Brekah Hostel a half a block down the road. Probably should have stayed there too.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights while visiting copan. It's was only $20 a night for the two of us. I didn't expect much but it was pretty nice for the price. The girls that clean are very nice and they do a good job. Very close to everything. 1 block away from the main plaza. Lots of things to do and to eat no need of a car as the mototaxy stop at the door of the hotel.

As always there is a down side to this. Bathrooms are tiny, but at least there is hit water. I really didn't care about the old lady always walking around. I think she is the owner. At first I thought well maybe she is just old. But then I saw her with my eyes looking for the tips and putting them in her pocket. I think this is so unfair because she is not the one cleaning at all. I asking the girl who was cleaning if she gets the tips and she just smiled. I guess she didn't want to lose her job, but I understood she does not get her tips. So please if you do book this hotel give tips on their hands. People in those countries are under pay and getting tips make their day. I gave her my tip and she was super happy.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2017

Nothing really stands out about this hotel, everything was pretty good, Room was clean and tidy, Staff were friendly, internet worked ok, and its about a two minute walk to the town square.
All in all it was nothing perticually special, but I was happy with it :)

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

No frills but good value for money. The rooms are simple and clean and the manager is very helpful. It is also in the centre of town and convenient for restaurants, cafes and bar. The walk to the ruins takes around 20 minutes.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple