All reviews pico bonito park omega tours the river white water rafting excellent hosts comfortable rooms fresh fruit wonderful hospitality living area local guide jungle setting common areas bird watching easy access great company two nights tortillas
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

John & Soledad were very welcoming. Our room was fantastic, clean and with a hammock right outside of it. John was very helpful regarding tours and tips. Soledad's cooking was great. Loved the fresh juice in the mornings. Recommend this place and will go back if occasion occurs.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
John D, Owner at La Villa de Soledad B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Karl:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at La Villa de Soledad with the tripadvisor community. IT was a pleasure having Iris and you at La Villa de Soledad. We enjoyed your company and are thrilled that you had a good time and liked Soledad's food. Happy travels!

Reviewed 27 August 2017

John, Soledad and the family were very nice, organised a trip for us to La Cayos Cochinos and the food was amazing, fresh and delicious. The rooms were comfortable, set in an amazing location just out of La Ceiba in the Honduran Rainforest surrounded by outdoor activities such as hiking and rafting. Hummingbirds flitted about the property and their two friendly dogs, Nina and Cowie were welcome companions during our stay.
Very nice place to just relax in a Hammock, or to explore for Critters in a Central American Rainforest. We hope to come back and stay sometime soon!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
John D, Owner at La Villa de Soledad B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Chris:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at La Villa de Soledad with the Trip Advisor Community! Soledad and I truly enjoyed having you and your lovely wife staying with us and are delighted that you had such a good time. Glad you enjoyed the diving at Cayos Cochinos and Soledad's cooking. We would love to have you back some time soon, just let us know and we will pick you up at the airport once again!

Happy to report that Harvey broke up in the Caribbean and did not cause much disruption in Honduras other that some light rain. Really feeling sorry for the folks in Houston and surrounding areas.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

I started my trip to Honduras with a 3 night stay at Villa de Soledad. My stay there was perfect. John and his family were excellent hosts. While there is no restaurant, they will serve food once you tell them in advance. All my meals with them were fantastic. I was lucky enough to be the only guest on the first day. However, even after other guests joined in, the place was as serene and beautiful.
All one can hear is the flow of the river and birds chirping.
One can go into the river which is a short 5 minute walk. Its a guided trip with the 2 canine members of John's family - Nina and Kauwi.
John, while being an excellent host gave wonderful recommendations on things to do. He arranged a guide to take me for a hike through the Pico Bonito National Park. He also recommended a half day trip to Cayos Cochinos, which was beautiful.
Would definitely visit again, it is the place to relax.

Stayed: July 2017
John D, Owner at La Villa de Soledad B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Hello Ranjit!
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at La Villa de Soledad with the Tripadvisor Community! It was a pleasure having you with us and Soledad and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope to have you back this way in the future. Glad that you liked the service provided by the canine members of the family!

Reviewed 28 July 2017

My husband and I came to Honduras for our 1 year wedding anniversary and booked through Garifuna tours. This was the first place we stayed, unfortunately for only one night. Driving up to it, we were simply stunned with how beautiful the place is. It's serene, you can hear the sounds of the river, there's hammocks to relax, and the food is lovely. We hiked up to Pico Bonito and had a marvelous time. The owner, John, is very kind and hospitable. He's also the head of tourism in the area so he made great recommendations for things to do on the rest of our trip. My only regret is not staying here longer. I was simply in love! Omega tours is a close by walk so you can kayak, and they have a pretty cool restaurant called Jungle Cafe that we tried local beers and food at.

Rooms are very spacious and comfortable, breakfast was amazing and flavorful, overall wonderful place!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
John D, Owner at La Villa de Soledad B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear Fariba:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience through the trip advisor community. It was a pleasure having you as our guest at La Villa de Soledad and an honor that we were the first place where you spent a night in Honduras. I agree that one night is way to short to stay at the Cangrejal River. There is just so much to do and discover. I hope you find some time in the future to come back for more days and explore the area!

Reviewed 21 July 2017

My girlfriend and I just returned home from four nights at La Villa de Soledad. La Villa is a wonderful place--a beautiful lodge in a quiet setting, surrounded by lush rain forest. John and Soledad were perfect hosts--extremely accommodating and more than willing to help with various logistical issues and in arranging white water rafting with a nearby tour company. The breakfasts were terrific, and there is a full restaurant nearby for lunches and dinners. We could not recommend La Villa more highly.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
John D, Owner at La Villa de Soledad B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear Charles and Emmanuele:

Thank you for sharing your experience at La Villa de Soledad with the Tripadvisor community! It was a pleasure having you both at La Villa de Soledad. It is always music to our ears to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us. I hope the the morning bus transfer went uneventful and you did not have any hurries catching your flight. I did the same trip the next morning and everything went as smooth as expected.