“Awesome peach cobbler!”

Bone Island Grillhouse
Ranked #42 of 427 Restaurants in Athens
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Description: Known for our casual atmosphere and outstanding food, delivered with exceptional service, the Bone Island Grillhouse strives to make every guest's experience a memorable one. Our mission is to be the preferred restaurant to both our guests and team members by achieving excellence through purpose, passion and pride.
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Great food, great service, and the best peach cobbler we have ever had! My husband can't quit talking about it!

johnjP9299LH, President at Bone Island Grillhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Ferries, Thank you for your awesome review! The peach cobbler is a favorite of mine too! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Very friendly staff and good food. We had the calamari appetizer which was much different than calamari at most restaurants. The pieces were much thicker than normal but they were cooked perfectly and came with an excellent sweet and spicy glaze. For entree, I had the shrimp and grits and my wife had the fried green tomato BLT. Both were very good. Overall, good restaurant. I would definitely come again.

johnjP9299LH, President at Bone Island Grillhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Bryan, Thank you for your review! It's awesome you had the calamari fingers and enjoyed them. They are a favorite of mine too! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

My husband I went for lunch during the week, and it wasn't crowded at all. We got an order of the fried mushrooms as an appetizer. They were good, but I ended up peeling a lot of the battered part off. Still tasty, though!

My husband got the lunch steak and I got the salmon salad. I ended up taking a few bites of salad and putting the rest in a to go box to take home because between the mushrooms and eating my husband's side salad, I was full! My salmon had great flavor and was a big portion, so I had plenty of leftovers for another meal.

My husband was excited about all the food he received for just $10, and I had a whole other meal from my leftovers. Win-win! We'll definitely be going back!

johnjP9299LH, President at Bone Island Grillhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Margaret Thank you for your review! It's awesome you had more than you could eat. You know they call us the B.I.G. for a reason. ;) We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Very new, spacious layout. Excellent service. More steakhouse/American casual cuisine than seafood. Very, very happy with Shrimp and Grits, which has andouille sausage as well as eponymous ingredients. As a 'yankee' (yeah, me) in Acadian Louisiana for 13 years I was dubious of non-cajun andouille sausage with shrimp and grits. Highly recoomend it.

johnjP9299LH, President at Bone Island Grillhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Wallyhawn,
Thank you for the great review! It's awesome when we can get an expert like yourself to review our Cajun flair. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 13 May 2017

Service was excellent. Staff were great. Food was just okay. Would not go back. Salad was good. Big Bang shrimp was good. Pecan crusted Trout was so - so..

1  Thank Daculad62
johnjP9299LH, Manager at Bone Island Grillhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Daculad62,
Thank you for your feedback. It is important for us to hear about the areas of opportunity we have and make them right. Please contact our GM Kara at 706-431-5609 Ext 1801 to discuss your experience or email her at Kara@BoneIslandGrillhouse.com. We would like to hear more about your experience.