“Mrs. J”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visiting UGA law school and had breakfast at this gem. The staff was attentive and very friendly. The cheese grits were amazing and excellent coffee.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I can see why this restaurant is #1 on Trip Advisor! Cute and quaint this restaurant was booming when I arrived yet I was seated immediately. My waiter arrived immediately with the menu and gave me just the right amount of time to make my decision. I had the chicken salad sandwich which was served with a fruit bowl. Excellent to say the least. The chicken salad was so glavorful! Perfect! The little fruit cup was impressive too. A blackberry, strawberry, blueberries, grapes, pineapple, cantaloupe and orange. Yhe only critique I would ha e is the bread on the sandwich. If the chicken salad was on a croissant or homemade wheat bread vs. store bought wheat it would take it to another level, but I certainly wouldn't delete a star for that. Personal and prompt wait staff. Fabulous all the way around!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stopped at the Oconee location on the way into town. We ordered "to go" at the counter and received free coffee while we waited. Our food took a little while and was obviously cooked when we ordered- it was hot, fresh and so good! Employees were friendly and thanked us for coming in.
Be prepared and hungry- the breakfast sandwiches are HUGE...I couldn't finish it but it was awesome. The coffee was great too. Weekdays are not crowded but call ahead for grab and go if you are in a hurry.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I don’t know if I will get crucified for saying this, but it wasn’t that great. We ordered what they recommended and while it was good, it was not worth the wait.

1  Thank Meghan T
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Every time we go to Mama's Boy, we enjoy the food tremendously. We have had different types of burgers with sides there...yummy!

1  Thank S9641DTnancyc