“Soup and Snails! Yummy!”
Review of Villa Europa

Villa Europa
Ranked #65 of 495 Restaurants in Augusta
Price range: US$7 - US$23
Cuisines: American, German, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are family owned and run since 1974, much pride and labor goes into the making of our food everyday. We want you to feel welcomed and comfortable here, we call that Gemütlichkeit. We welcome you to come in, relax and allow us to give you some time to enjoy a good meal at a reasonable price in a relaxed atmosphere. There is nothing more enjoyable than a good dining experience, and we would love to provide that for you. Anneliese, Pat and all the staff work very hard to make you experience wonderful. If ever we fail, please let us know.
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We have been going to The Villa for years! The food is authentic German and is most excellent! If you have not tried Villa Europa I recommend the French Onion Soup and Escargot as well as the Rahmchicken or Salmon with shrimp veloute. Another great appetizer are the Bavarian fritters. No mater what you order it is delicious. If you haven't dined at Villa Europa you are missing out! Give it a try and you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 24 June 2017

I always enjoy a visit to Villa Europa. It never disappoints me. The food is as good as I get in Europe. The atmosphere is fun and the service is awesome! The German beer selection is decent. I always get the Escargot Bourguignone with my meal. Enjoy!

Reviewed 21 May 2017

We brought a group of 20 people to. Villa Europa restaurant for dinner. Reservations were made more than a week in advance. Only one waiter served us... and he served other tables in the main dining room! He was overworked.

Several in the party ordered Sauerbraten, a traditional German dish. The meat was very tough and clearly had not been marinated in the vinegar marinade for 3 days. In fact, I am sure it wasn't marinated at all, that just a sauce was made that resembled sauerbraten sauce and it was piled onto what was probably microwaved beef.

Others ordered Weinerschnitzel, again a traditional German dish. And again, the veal was so tough. Probably nuked, too. Red cabbage was ordered as a side dish and was lukewarm. German potato salad, usually served warm, was cold, just out of the frig.

One member of the group ordered a steak and said it wa s good. Those who ordered Jaegerschnitzel were pleased with it. The Rouladen was deemed tasty and passable.

In summary, an overworked waiter (and possibly an overworked chef) and German dishes not prepared in the right way made this a dinner to forget, I am sorry to say. The restaurant has been in business for over 30 years, but based on our experience, it won't be in business for another 30 years.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

We were attracted by German food and were disappointed. Started with the very good escargot and way too thick but tasty potato soup, more of a mush than soup. My Bavarian Plate was good but the Zigeuner Schnitzel was not. The schnitzel was not pounded out enough and the sauce way too thick. Service was ok.
We do not recommend.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Don't let the decor put you off as it is a bit dated but you will forget that when the food arrives. It's good quality served by friendly and helpful staff and there's always plenty to go round. I had food from the german selection which was awaken washed down with Warsteiner. Which when I was stationed in Germany used to be called wobbly by the locals as drink enough you sure will. Really worth a stop great place

1  Thank sidmackem

Been to Villa Europa? Share your experiences!