“Nasty, nasty, nasty!”
Review of Motel 6 Augusta

Motel 6 Augusta
Ranked #65 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

This was by far the worst establishment I have ever stayed at. I was here for all of 15 minutes, I checked in, went to my room, I immediately was taken aback by the marijuana odor, pulled the comforter back revealing a condom wrapper. I promptly went to the front desk and demanded a refund, got a reciept, and left. My refund has yet to be credited to my bank account. I am so disturbed by the incident and will advise anyone who listens to avoid this place like the plague, which incidentally is probably what you'll contract if you stay here.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Allison, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you experienced. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. We would like to make sure you spoke with our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to have a record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Absolutely disgusting. The place is falling apart and there were all types of bugs including cockroaches. The "kitchen" looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. The coffee pot had dust inside of it. Very surprised that the Motel 6 chain even allows for this place to stay open with its name attached to it. Should have known it was horrible because as we were checking in the general manager was hiding his name tag with a clipboard. Should have asked for a refund.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
s65080bo, Manager at Motel 6 Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. Your feedback is very important to us.

We strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations.

Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

The Guest Experience Team

Reviewed 19 January 2017

Well when i first went to go check in there was a line of 4 people no biggie but we all had to check in OUTSIDE IN THE COLD! So after 30minutes and 5 trips to the car i get the key drive around to my room where i find that my key does not work! So at this point i was becoming a little irritated so then i began to walk back to the front to exchange my room key and then asked if i could also get a secondary key and he told me it cost 5 dollars and i told him i only key and he said SO...so i stayed with my (1) key for the room. I get in the room it smelled like old cats and dogs so then I go back down to the desk and complain and he says there are no more available rooms so at this point I cancelled my other three days that I had reserved and went over to Kroger and bought air freshener and bug spray because there were also roaches in the room upon arrival I seen one didn't think anything of it we ordered a pizza and it's like all the roaches came to my room for a big party discussed it with this place they should be ashamed of their self they should stop wasting money on Advertising the hotel in focus on improving the hotel from the inside I hope that you read this intake my words upon consideration as far as you don't have to spend a night in this hellhole like I did good luck.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
s65080bo, Manager at Motel 6 Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

The Guest Experience Team

Reviewed 23 May 2016

We were put out at 12 in the morning, by code enforcers and the police. During the Masters week they charged everyone an extra $50 just because. They said that if you don't like it get out. We can get your weekly rate in 2 days from the Masters guest. Loud music and weed smell is the norm. These people cannot stay in business like this. The universe will correct itself.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
s65080bo, Assistant Manager at Motel 6 Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Thank you for your review. At studio 6 and Motel 6 we strive to make sure all of our guest are happy. We do apologies that your stay was dissatisfying for you. We hope the next time you decide to stay and try our location again it will be more enjoyable.

Reviewed 7 November 2015

Was looking for a bargain place to stay , seemed like a good rate and location. Desk clerk gave me a key to look at a room . It had a terrible smell. There were shady characters in the lobby and on the sidewalk . Would not stay there on a dare!

Room Tip: Go to washington road.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Teresa M, Manager at Motel 6 Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2015

We appreciate your business and thank you for your comments.This will let us know how we can better improve our guest stay. We hope you will come and try our hotel the next time you come into town.We are also currently renovating our rooms so pardon our mess. We hope in the near future we are able to become the hotel you use that will accommodate all your needs. Have a great day.