“Basic, clean room & linens, good value”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #62 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Stayed during Masters week. Linens and room were very clean. Furniture worn and dated, tube TV not great, but this a budget motel. Had multiple rooms, traveling with others. We found the water nice and hot, cable TV good selection, watched BBall natl championship game, found a restful, quiet night's sleep. Free breakfast of cereal, waffles, yogurt, muffins, bagels, all OK. Free newspaper each day if you get to breakast early. Near IHOP, several burger chains, and convenient to I-520 in SW Augusta. Good value for the money, booked 6 months in advance, even though paid 4X normal non-masters week rates.

Room Tip: OutSide doorways, no interior hall, stay upstairs for quieter rooms. Ours was quiet, but check AC un...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Christine W, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

We appreciate your taking the time to rate your stay.

We are extremely pleased that you noted in your experience, basic, clean room and linens, as a good value.

It was our pleasure to accommodate you in excellence.

Christine
Guest Relations

Reviewed 2 December 2012

This is a great hotel for the price. I would definitely stay here again. Used this hotel during a family trip and found the service was excellent. The desk clerk, Sheaner, went the extra mile when I asked her for a recommendation of family activities. There is also a yummy pizza and sub shop right next door to this hotel and the location was convenient for us on this trip.

The hotel was clean. The room smelled clean. The wireless in-room internet was fast. The continental breakfast was also convenient for us.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Christine W, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

We appreciate your complimentary comment regarding one of our staff who went beyond the norm to make your accommodations a very good stay.

We take our guests seriously and work hard to please.

Again, thank you for taking opportunity to applaud our staff, who will be recognized for her performance.

It is our pleasure to serve you as well on future stays.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

The staff does a very good job being friendly and I enjoy staying there - especially Sheanee, Christine, Chandra & Betzy. I stay with this hotel 4 nites per week and the service is always very good.

WiFi & cell signals are very weak.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Christine W, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Thank you for taking time to formally appreciate our staff for providing very good service to you.

We are extremely pleased that your stay at Rodeway Inn was rewarding, and we look forward to servicing you again soon in our usual friendly manner.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

The staff is superb and very helpful when we had a problem. The location is convenient with several places to eat nearby. Terrific value if you don't need Internet.

The reason I downgraded a five-star stay to three stars is the very poor wifi. It was a throwback to ten years ago, when you had to hunt for a signal and then struggle to connect and then do what you could in the few minutes before being disconnected.

Internet is vital to me, as I have to connect to work while on the road. This location was great in other ways, but really failed me in this area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fred P
Christine W, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2012

Thank you for your recent review of our accommodations. We appreciate your attention to our superb staff, nearby eateries, as well as the helpful comment regarding the need to complete the update of our wifi internet service. Updating should be completed in time for your next visit.

Hoping to see you soon.

Again, thank you, you've been very helpful.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

I was online looking for different places to make a reservation.I was looking for something affordable and convenient near the airport. I found Rodeway and called to make a reservation. I was met with a voice that was both friendly and kind. Ms. Betzy helped me with all of my questions and concerns regarding my stay. My experience was great and I will stay there again when I am in the area.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank James S

It is always a pleasure to receive comments relative to our customer service performance. We appreciate your recognition of the 'true southern hospitality' provided by our staff. We are thankful for a great team.