“Here for work”

WoodSpring Suites Augusta Riverwatch
Ranked #35 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 8 May 2017

I am here working on Project Jackson. The rooms are clean and decent but my neighbor blasts his music till late hours and I get up early for work. I complained to the front desk and management but was told their policy is people can do whatever they want as loud as they want if they quieten down before 11 P.M. . I thought this was a hotel but I guess I was wrong

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Mitchell L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Augusta Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

We are happy you are staying with us and appreciate the positive comments about the cleanliness of the room. I will review the complaint about the noise from other guests and get that situation under control. I apologize for the lack of follow through on our teams behalf.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

My father-in-law and I booked two room for one night while my husband was in the burn unit and I needed a hotel quite quickly. The staff was friendly and seemed genuine and the price was fair for the standard of hotel, however I couldn't stand the smell of body odor, feet, and possibly marijuana radiating down the hallway. The bed linens were stained, and the room was very dingy. The other clientele seemed very sketchy and I was quite uncomfortable staying in a room alone with my daughter. I probably wouldn't book again unless it were on an emergency basis.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Allison,

Thank you for the review of your stay with us. It is regrettable that we failed in our mission to delight our guest in this instance. I hope you will give us another opportunity to earn back your trust.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

With short notice to evacuate for hurricane and looking for 2 rooms, Value Place was our only option.

Read the trip advisor reviews. Seemed like an okay choice. After a few days, spoke to a guest who checked in same as us. Her comment was its beats sleeping in your car.

Pros
Jaime is an exceptional, customer oriented individual. She bend over backwards to make you feel like a valued customer.
Location is great
Shower/water pressure strong
Jaime
Jaime
Jaime (get the idea she is exceptional)
Management responds to guest comments

Cons
The rooms for the most part are clean (yes rooms - had to change rooms three times upon check in. Dirty tub in room one not to mention a rough looking refrigerator, rusty microwave and a smell to the room. Room two the toilet didn't work properly; also a more distinctive smell. Jaime rescued us and put us in a first floor room that had minor upgrades to bathroom lighting, and a much better smell.).
No pots, pans, utensils, no doors on upper cabinets, double bed military style (mattress no box spring), hard plastic banquet chairs (no comfortable place to sit)
Every time the lights dimmed the TV pixelated
Toilets are the low, old fashioned style; tough for those with disabilities or elderly
Guests after 10pm were noisy in the hallways which seemed like they were in the room too.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Mitchell L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Augusta Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Ronald,

We appreciate your feedback. It's comments like yours that help us grow as a business to improve on the items our guests need most.

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

We evacuated for Hurricane Matthew and specifically searched for a pet friendly hotel. When we arrived, they would not allow our dogs at all. It smells horrible, has a needle receptacle in the public bathroom (???), and was dishonest about their pet policy.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank MyLadyWit
Mitchell L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Augusta Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2016

Thank you for your comments, I would like the opportunity to correct the issue where you found our hotel as pet friendly. If you would be kind enough to share that information I will work towards getting that corrected so no one else is left with the wrong impression. We have a needle receptacle in our public bathrooms to allow guests with medical conditions to properly dispose of their syringes. I apologize if this left you with a negative feeling.

Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 6 nights during Masters week and was clean and good location, so had a good stay
Would book again as excellent rate for standard of hotel

Positives

Very friendly and attentive staff
Clean and spacious rooms, with full facilities
Good location (although close to freeway and railway wasn't that noisy)
- due to lack of sidewalks had to catch an Uber (approx. $5 cost) back and forth from golf course, although only a 25 minute walk if you want to risk it

Suggested Improvements

Could have done with toiletries in hotel - no soap, shower gel etc in room (luckily was a store at the garage next door)
Towels in room are very thin and small
Room wasn't cleaned at all during week

I accept the above the case to keep the price down but don't think would increase the overall cost by much and would leave a better impression

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Mitchell L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Augusta Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2016

MGPowell,

Thank you for taking your time to post a review about your recent stay with us. I appreciate the feedback and suggestions. We are always looking for better ways to serve our guests. We hope you will be back soon to stay with us.