“Very Good”
Review of Abel Brown

Abel Brown
Reserve with OpenTable
Abel Brown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 500 Restaurants in Augusta
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Description: Abel Brown is a southern kitchen & oyster bar nestled in Surrey Center in Augusta, Ga. The name, much like our menu, is a nod to and celebration of our blended cultural roots. Authentic, yet refined, our ingredient-driven dishes are prepared and served with thought and respect. We pair clean and modern Southern cuisine with the charm & tradition reserved for high company.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Weekend before the Masters so I made reservations 30 days out. The service was outstanding and the food was very good. I actually thought it would be a little better. Still 4 strong stars. Now 5 stars for the bread pudding and the carrot cake with ice cream. The deserts were excellent.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was our second dinner at Abel Brown on overnight stays in Augusta. Oysters at AB are a must! We had three selections off the “special” oyster menu and a dozen of the house. Served on trays in beds of crushed ice . . . magnifique! Soooo delicious! I was too full for a meal so ordered the Johnny cake appetizer with pimento cheese which was huge. Very unusual in an appetizer. Our Tanqueray and tonics were mixed just right, and my glass of wine was yummy. Our server made this meal absolutely perfect. She didn’t rush us, was helpful with selections, had a sense of humor, and was smart. We’ll certainly be back again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Recently I conducted a professional dinner meeting at Abel Brown’s with a preset menu. There were 20 professionals that came to dinner and listened to a presentation while having drinks, appetizers, entrée and desert. The food was served in a timely manner and the drinks were attended to diligently.

The service was top tier. The quality of the food was excellent. Everyone had a great evening, enjoyed quality drinks and food and commented on the unique, casual atmosphere that was still quite nice for a professional presentation.

I highly recommend Abel Brown’s for the quality of food, service and atmosphere. I will be back soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

My husband and I went to Abel Brown on our wedding night. It has a nice, moderately quiet atmosphere, and we got a nice booth. We absolutely loved the oysters. Our entrees were very good -- 4-star good but not quite 5-star good. Our waiter, Dalton, maxed out in the star category. He was friendly and welcoming and attentive to all our needs. We told him we got married that day, and as we were finishing our dinners, he said he'd like to give us a dessert "on the house." It was such a nice gesture, and "just married" was written on the dessert! We took a photo of it (attached). I'm so glad we chose Abel Brown for our wedding night, and we look forward to going there again on our first anniversary.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

I travel all around the USA and the world and dine all over the world and would rank this restaurant in my world wide top 10! Would have given it 5 stars but the risotto in my scallop dish was undercooked.

Oysters - this is my fav oyster spot of any I have been to in the world! fresh fresh and great choices ; best choices anywhere!

Fish - had an amazing Halibut w gnocchi and mushrooms. Incredible!

Scallops - awesome

Service - awesome

Bottom line is this restaurant is the best in Augusta and I think better than most in Atl and the entire SE USA!

What a find !