See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

The check in staff is very friendly and the lobby looks good. Then it all falls apart. The common areas are gross very dirty. I had booked this room on line after a long drive. I really needed sleep. The first room once the door open smelled and the chair by the door was gross a couple of dark stains on a light cloth fabric. I would not sit on that chair withoout a town over it. I tested the drain in the tub it would not drain and was clogged with junk and the water would not drain. The staff was accomodating and gave me another room. Same thing a dump. Missing light bulbs more than one no tv control remote and smelled. They tried a third room. This one was not great but I could survive one night until I went into the bathroom and saw a pair of pants hanging on the back door from the privious occupant. A further inspection reveiled drawers full of garbage and trash. That was it for me.. It gave me the feeling that this is not a clean and maintained hotel. I wont to the front and checked out. I called Hotel .com and arranged for a refund. I will never set foot on one of these again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
RedRoofInn450, Assistant Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Thank you for your response. Although we have some areas to improve we are proud of our property and is working diligently to get those areas corrected. We do however take your opinion as well as all opinions serious and thank you for taking the time to respond.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Put us in the wrong room and then no sheets on the pull out bed and had to wait an hour. Will never recommend this place to anyone. When outside and in the lobby heard other people complaining also. I have never heard of a hotel not taking cash.

Stayed: July 2017
RedRoofInn450, Assistant Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Red Roof Inn Augusta GA. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Nice family affordable rates. Rooms are set back so traffic noise is mute. Clean rooms with space to turn around in. Microwave oven, small refrigerator, and WiFi included. Close to Ft Gordon in Augusta.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
RedRoofInn450, Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Thank you so much for your review! Please come back to see us!!

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Stayed at Red Roof, Washington Road, Augusta on June 2nd. There were numerous problems:
1.) TV remote didn't work.
2.) No coffee pot was in the room although there were coffee supplies.
3.) Phone was dead/disconnected. I had to use my cell phone to call the front desk.
4.) Curtains were broken and I was unable to shut the blinds.
5.) There were no working ice machines in the building where I was staying.

I called the front desk to complain and the clerk said that she couldn't help as she was the only one on duty at the time.

I left a note with the staff at check out concerning the problems noted nd I got no formal response from management.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
RedRoofInn450, Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Thank you for your response and we are very sorry that your stay wasn't didn't meet your expectation. From the sounds of it, it didn't meet our expectations as well. Again we apologize and hopefully you will give us another chance to make things right.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Started off as a nightmare. Drove 7 hours to be told we didn't have reservations. I brought in paper with my conf. and pin # by booking.com. Said I would have to call them and get them to fax info because they would not honor the price we had. I call booking and they talked with the desk people who were very snappy. Booking sent 2 more bookings and still did not come through. I asked how hard is it to ask who they are sending too? Didn't co-operate at all. Said it was real bad at Masters week too. Used to be Hampton Inn and I asked if it was going there..they didn't know & sure didn't care. Booking.com offered to put us up somewhere else but being wicked tired we stayed at Red Roof. MISTAKE 1st room was not cleaned out..2nd room had a big gap in bottom of door, no nightstand beside bed, no refrig or micro, 3 lamps didn't work, both ice makers were broken and no idea when they would be fixed..Yep we stayed 2 nights and never again.. Some of the people were nice. The people working at the desk had an attitude.

Room Tip: Check out the room first..
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your response. I really apologize the the inconvenience you felt when you checked into our property. We have changed some of the staff members to create a better work environment that would ultimately be better for our guest as well.