All reviews savannah river main tower the river walk the concierge lounge suites tower boll weevil self park broad street parking garage hotel restaurant within walking distance breakfast buffet living area outdoor pool very nice hotel staff was very friendly and helpful the room was nice
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Stayed here for a business trip. Actually booked this hotel in error, as it was 15 miles from the office. I was very pleased with the stay overall. I checked in to the Suites section of the hotel. The suite was large, nice and clean. I ended up asking to be moved only because the party next door was playing loud music at 6pm and I was worried it would last late into the night. I was moved back over to the tower without issue. This room was more updated than the room in the suite. The only difference was the size and no microwave. The room was clean. The commute to the office was not bad, as traffic worked in my favor. I would recommend this place for anyone working in the area!

Room tip: I liked the tower rooms better than the suites only because they were more updated - larger TV and larger bathroom.
Reviewed 19 December 2017

My family and I have stayed at many Marriott properties. This Marriott was nice. It was in walking distance to many restaurants which was nice. The hotel itself was okay, my husband did complain that the mattress was overly firm and not comfortable and I agreed with him on this. If we had been staying more than a night we probably would have complained to a manager. Other than that the staff were nice and helpful.

Room tip: Our room on the 10th floor was nice and had a good view.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2017

I am and have been a Marriott Platinum Elite member for the last 5 years so I have seen my share of Marriott facilities. This is a nice hotel with a great lobby and meeting rooms. As for the guest room, I would avoid the suites side of the hotel if possible as the rooms are very dated and cut-up. I was able to xfer over to the newer tower rooms which are more what I have come to expect from a full service Marriott but only after having to ask two different people to do this for me. Avoid the front desk person from Omaha My room was in okay shape but the carpets in the room hadnt been shook out in some time. The concierge lounge is roomy but, the breakfast is TERRIBLE. Instead of having the kitchen provide them with breakfast items they have opted to go with the standard bagged Marriott eggs. The same ones I get when I stay at a Fairfield Inn. Also, they don't offer any meat choices unless you want to scrape the bacon or egg off of a biscuit sandwich. The snacks at night were okay but nothing great. I would not stay here again and instead would opt for another Marriott property in the area.

Room tip: Avoid the "Suites". They are not what you think.
2  Thank Ty C
AugustaMarriott, Hotel Manager at Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback. We look forward to having you return as our guest and want you to know that we truly value your business.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel. A little outdated and in need of deep cleaning/refurbishment

Elevator carpets in both main tower and suites badly stained and tattered

Friendly staff

Comfortable bed

Odd thing is there was only 1 waste basket located in the bathroom for my suite

Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Nice rooms. Great location with plenty available to you within walking distance. Friendly staff. Safe area. Located right at the river. I would not hesitate to stay here in the future. I don't know of a better option in the Augusta area.

Date of stay: November 2017