“Amazing experience”
Review of Can Do Dive Co. - CLOSED

Can Do Dive Co.
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer Professional Guided Diving and PADI Dive Certifications. Our Goal is to make SCUBA Diving on Maui, HI the Best experience of your LIFE!
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I was living on Maui for a couple months last year, and was trying to do everything i could to make the most of my time here. I was intimidated my the thought of scuba diving, as i think a lot of people are at first. But learning from jack was fantastic. He has a very calming presence, and exudes his knowledge and passion while he is teaching. He really made the experience the best it could have been, and i can't wait to learn more!

Date of experience: July 2012

Reviewed 11 July 2012

I live in Hawaii and have been invited to go diving many times over the years by friends who are certified, but was too afraid to go. Even though I love the ocean and swimming in it, scuba just freaked me out. I finally found the courage to get out there, and panicked immediately upon going under the water. Jack was right beside me in an instant and helped me to not only calm down, but remain calm and successfully complete the dive with confidence. I'm hooked!!! I can't wait to go again. He is an amazing instructor.

Thanks to Jack for helping me overcome my fear and anxiety about scuba and helping me have such a great experience!

Date of experience: July 2012
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I visited Maui for the first time in November of 2011 with my best friend and my boyfriend. We talked about doing different excursions--my best friend picked zip-lining, I picked canoeing, and my boyfriend picked Scuba diving. Though I grew up as a competitive swimmer, I was still hesistant to go scuba diving, but was excited for the plunge and once in a lifetime experience. We did the short-term certification that allowed us to go Scuba diving up to 40 or 50 ft. for about 2 weeks. Jack was a fantastic instructor, made is fun, and is incredibly knowledgeable. Once was just not enough...we re-arranged our plans to go Scuba diving with Jack a second time. It proved to be my favorite part of our whole trip...and Jack had a lot to do with that. Since he completes several hundred dives a year, he knows the best places to go to see sea turtles, sharks, caves, etc...and has the gear to make the dive enjoyable, relaxing, and memorable. We also purchased the photos he offered with his high quality underwater camera--he snapped tons of photos of us as we discovered another world for the first time. I would highy recommend Jack and his scuba company for any diver--first time or experienced. **Note: Make sure to time zip-lining and other high-elevation activities around Scuba diving, since you have to stay at lower elevation after a dive for 24 hours or so.

Date of experience: November 2011
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Although I hadn't been scuba diving before, Jack's instructions made it very clear what to do and what to expect before I had even touched the water. In the water itself, he over-exaggerated many of the maneuvers to make sure I'd seen them properly so I could perform them in a safe and controlled manner. And when I was panicking, he conducted himself in a professional and reassuring manner such that I was not only able to calm myself but I was also able gain confidence with what I was doing. He is a wonderful instructor and I would encourage anyone to take lessons from him if certification is a goal. As a bonus, he is also very knowledgeable and he'll be able to take you to some unique and amazing dive spots. Diving with him is a great time!

Date of experience: April 2012
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 March 2012

While the website is still under construction, don't let the lack of details scare you off. Jack is exceptionally knowledgeable about the rich marine life Maui (and the surrounding islands) have to offer. He makes it a point to set expectations before the dive, communicate what signals he plans on using, and then executes on engaging with clients while underwater so everyone can understand what they are seeing. Even when presented with an adverse situation, Jack handled everything calmly, competently, and very professionally. I have no doubt if you drop him a line, he'll answer all the questions the site (presently) doesn't; you won't be disappointed. He even found me manta's!!! Gotta digg that!

Date of experience: February 2012