“I would not necessarily BET ON THE BIRCH”
Review of Birch River Grill

Birch River Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Birch River Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Arlington Heights Road
Description: Birch River Grill - An American Kitchen in Arlington Heights is a warm prairie-style restaurant and bar with cozy neighborhood appeal, offering Rustic American, gourmet comfort food.
Reviewed 3 June 2016

I attended a professional seminar recently-lots of people at my seminar and at other conferences. But at a community lunch break there was only 10 people in the hotel restaurant,i.e., The Birch River Grill---which was in close proximity to all the meetings.
Half the time I was there, the lone waiter, bartender, and busboy were one and the same. He ran and gave me water immediately--but my order was taken 25 minutes later. As I was finishing my meal, 3 busboys showed up and couldn't do enough for me---too late. The lone waiter, a nice guy, was clearly over-worked. The place was clean, the decor was rather inviting but somewhat dated.
The above, notwithstanding, the food was excellent: Chopped steak, caesar salad, tomato bisque soup. That is the reason for at least an average rating. It's still a mystery why all those conference people avoided the place---they didn't know about Mr. Lone waiter. Maybe if a crowd came in, more servers would have magically appeared. larry j. powitz

Reviewed 26 February 2016

I visited this location with business associates after a meeting at the Doubletree where the restaurant is located. The restaurant is very nice and the service was pleasant. The food, however, was inconsistent. Some dishes were over seasoned and others were bland. Overall it was an ok experience and about what I excepted.

Reviewed 23 November 2015

Service was fine, but the breakfast was no better than free continental. Bacon was limp. Scrambled eggs were rather a mess. Value not very good here. Find another option.

6  Thank TripTipDad
Reviewed 2 November 2015

They had a breakfast buffet but I ordered an omelet off the menu instead. It was very good. The staff did a good job keeping my coffee cup filled.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

First of all, it's a lovely restaurant/bar. It's spacious, comfortable and nicely decorated. The menu offers a decent range of selections including some nice appetizers that are worth a try. Prices are what I would consider mid-range, not inexpensive, but not too pricey for the type of food and location.

My biggest complaint is the service, and that costs this restaurant a star in my opinion. On my last trip, I sat down in the bar area and waited for 15 minutes before anyone approached my table. I know they could see me, but the gal behind the bar was chatting it up pretty well with some young men and seemed more interested in them than in me. At least one other employee appeared in the area, but passed me by as well. It didn't go unnoticed. It's unprofessional and has tainted my view of how they handle customer service.

While the food I eventually received was good, I would have to see an improvement in service before I would return.