“Bagels with Lox”

Jakes Bagels
Ranked #2 of 308 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 August 2016

I've eaten here once for lunch and enjoyed the food. I had a traditional sesame bagel with lox, cream cheese, tomato, onions and capers. Bagels are very fresh - boiled then baked in the traditional way. The atmosphere is nothing special. Counter service only.

Management response:Responded 7 September 2016

The sesame bagel with lox, capers, tomato, onion and cream cheese is very popular - I am glad you enjoyed it. We steam bake the bagels every morning and throughout the day. Thank you for the review

Reviewed 12 August 2016

I got the pineapple cream cheese. It was wonderful. It had real big chunks of pineapple in it. It was definitely better than any store bought cream cheese. I got my cream cheese on the side because they usually give you a big helping.

I also got a turkey sandwich on a plain bagel. I read a review stating that the turkey was not that good. I beg to differ. It was pretty good. I liked it. The pickle was good too. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant. It opens really early, which gave me enough time to make it to work. I got there before 5:30 a.m. The service was good.

Casandra,
Thank you for the review. We use Coleman Roasted Turkey Breast - No Antibiotics, All Vegeterain Diet, No Animal By-Products and No Hormones or Steroids.
We love our customers!

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Jake's Bagels makes their bagels fresh every day. They also make their flavored cream cheeses. We not only love them as a breakfast treat but, also for lunch! They have a special where you can get a bagel sandwich, homemade soup (that is delicious), and a drink. Don't forget to get a homemade gigantic cookie for dessert. I have never had something that I didn't like from Jake's Bagels!

David,
Thank you for that glowing review!

Reviewed 9 August 2016

just a few years ago Jakes used to sell the biggest bagels I'd ever seen.It was definitely a meal in itself. The last time we got them we were definitely disappointed! They had shrunk them to at least a 1/3 of the size. I had been bragging to my husband about the size of these things and when I finally got him to the placeI was shocked. They were still good but so small. They are bigger at the grocery stores. Granted they were still good they will never beat Big Apple bagels now. What a shame.

Chris,
Thank you for the review.
Sorry to disappoint you with the size. We try to cut our bagels at .25 of a pound. We will keep an eye on the gauge. When you order let us know you want the biggest bagel in the basket, and maybe that will help.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

Doesn't matter what time I go in, I always get the lunch special! Soup and a bagel sandwich . Staff is awesome!

Management response:Responded 13 August 2016

Our customers are awesome!!!

Been to Jakes Bagels? Share your experiences!