“Fine dining at a reasonable price”

Basil's Greek Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
Basil's Greek Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 318 Restaurants in Aurora
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 59 & New York
Reviewed 8 September 2017

This is an old-school Greek restaurant that made me miss Chicago's historic Como Inn. The service was perfect; there was a decent beer and wine selection; it was fun to watch flaming Saganaki go to other tables; and our own food was delicious. I don't think I've ever had better grilled calamari. My husband ordered the lamb and I ordered salmon. Both were excellent, but if you're a lamb fan, get the roast lamb! Wow! Portions were good and prices fair.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

We were greeted very warmly & seated right away. We originally sat outside, but then it started to rain & although the pergolas have a material covering the tops, they are not waterproof. The staff did not respond very quickly & one employee was more concerned about the paper menus not getting wet than he was about the diners. He didn't even hold the doors open for us or take our bottle of wine & glasses inside, but he was right there to hand us menus when we were seated at a table, even though we had already ordered while seated outside. If not for that simple faux pas, we would have selected Outstanding for service.

The food was tasty & presented very well, except for the spinach pie which was bland. The value is very good & we made a second meal with our leftovers.

The wine list is short & pricey, but we selected a $12 bottle of the Skouras Saint George Aghiorghitiko & were charged $40.

Definitely recommend this restaurant & we will return.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Basil's delivers some amazing Greek food, they restaurant has very good food with comparable service. I have tried most of the menu and their is nothing I have not liked. The lamb burger for lunch is quite good, but don't limit yourself their. The restaurant is very nice for a work lunch.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We lucked upon this place on a suggestion from a friend. A great choice - the food was amazing! I ordered the braised lamb shank with orzo and the Avgolemono soup - OMG! So delish! We had excellent service and the bar is great as well. What I loved the most was the baklava cheesecake!!! It does not get any better than this!

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We came here for our anniversary dinner. The staff went above and beyond to make it a special night starting with a personalized Happy Anniversary message at the top of our menus. (We told them it was our anniversary when making our reservation and they asked if we were celebrating anything). Our server was attentive and friendly with a good sense of humor. I LOVED the flaming cheese (I don't want to butcher the Greek spelling) and the Greek wedge salad. How can you go wrong with the feta cheese dressing? The dolmades were delicious too. My husband had the lamb, and was very pleased. Overall, we had an excellent experience!

Been to Basil's Greek Dining? Share your experiences!