Burr Oak Motel
US$127
US$75
US$71
US$60
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I read past reviews so i was worried but when i arrived it was nothing like i read. So dont always believe what u read from exp. It was clean and very modern, only thing i would love to see them have is a pool. But im coming from florida so i see this as a place i will be back and reccomend. Thank you

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank lucybugg98
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Nasty filthy place! Grey dingy sheets & towels, look so unclean! Food behind bed, dust so thick you can write in it. Crud pushed all around the bed, pen caps, twist ties, major lint, who knows what! Dirty shower, orange slime build up on shower door corners. We were bit by bedbugs or something in minutes. We could not stay! $62 bucks for a dirty, out dated, buggy room. I told the owner about it, he said his rooms were clean & they are ok. So I had him come to the room, he still stood by that. "They're clean" Ran his finger through the dust on the headboard of bed and said "It's ok. that's not too dirty" Not too dirty? Seriously? He did not seem bothered by the filth at all. And the restaurant, was a nice steak house, it's closed for over a year now. This motel was such a nice place years ago when a local couple owned it, what a shame these new owners trashed it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Terry A
Reviewed 18 April 2012

This is an update to a review I had left earlier. I took it back due to a misunderstanding and I have talked to the owner of the hotel and am completely satisified and am sorry if that review prevented anyone from staying here. You can't beat this place for comfort and price.

The room was quite large and clean. The price you could not beat. The only thing I can fault is the air conditioner couldn't keep up to well if you were in rooms on the west side...but it was extremely hot that week so what can you do? The beds were very comfortable and free wireless internet was a plus!

I would stay there again and I have booked the hotel for our upcoming trip to the Algona Freedom Rally for this year and I encourage anyone else looking for a place to stay to stay here as well.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank vada61
Reviewed 9 December 2009

I spent the night here on business, and was very pleased with the value I got for my money. I paid just $49 for a quiet night in a spacious room.
The motel is a large single story building with a separate addition. Both are interior hallway style, so parking is not as convenient as at some older motels. I got a room in the addition, which I think is from 1979. The room was very large, and had a recliner to watch TV in. The furnishings are older, but clean. The bed was comfortable, and the linens were clean. The bathroom has a large vanity outside, and the tub and toilet were both clean and in good working order. The heater worked well, which was pretty important that evening. It's baseboard heat, so you don't have to listen to a blower all night. The rooms are well back from the road, and it was dark and quiet at night. I did not get a fridge or microwave, so you may want to look elsewhere for longer stays.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business