“hmmmm...”

Claxon's Smokehouse & Grill
Ranked #11 of 51 Restaurants in Altoona
Reviewed 17 February 2018

we decided to give this place a try on a whim, and had a very interesting experience. our server, although chose an incredibly odd hair color choice and such, was a very good server - friendly, courteous, efficient, etc.. the food? the flavor of the ribs was good; after I took a jack hammer to get through the covering.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We love Claxons, but our Xmas celebration was not going to be in town! So we had them smoke our turkey for us and it was phenomenal! The staff and service is always spectacular.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

The place was on looking. The service was equally as mediocre. The food? Guess what it’s average. The prices are a little high for the quality I feel. The meat was ok but nothing great.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

We were here a couple months ago and they were ok, but our meals took longer than several people who came after us and we had a very active, undisciplined 5 year old(not my child). When we finally got our meals, the food was warm to hot and tasted ok. Those onion rings were really good though! Clean. Family friendly. Staff was ok. Prices are ok. Plenty of parking. It's worth trying. It is a different kind of BBQ for sure. Marcydiner tantrum scale of 3/5-inly because of my friend's yelling kid.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

I ordered 2 pounds of wings last night. I called in ahead and ordered so I could pick up in the drive through. It only took about 10 minutes. I’ve never had the wings from here but love smoked food and have eaten here many times over the years. They had other sauces but I wanted something a little spicy and they don’t have a standard “buffalo” sauce so chose their house Creeper. These are not your typical buffalo wings. The wings were all good sized. I think they would be delicious without sauce as the smoky flavor really came through which I enjoy. The sauce had a little sweetness and a little spice. They were fantastic. I ate a whole pound myself. My son had several and he also thought they were fantastic. If you are looking for the same old buffalo wings that everyone has, this is not them. If you are looking for some flavorful wings that don’t burn too much this is your spot to try.

Been to Claxon's Smokehouse & Grill? Share your experiences!