All reviews swim up bar poolside room west courtyard amusement park great for kids kiddie pool older kids water park east pool game rooms breakfast buffet is sports bar and grill free trolley fun weekend after reading the reviews will stay there again on line
Reviewed 4 January 2013

we rented a poolside suite, so our grandkids could go swimming. we paid for the room in advance, so when we checked in , they gave us 6 wristbands for swimming. we had 6 grandkids from 3 too 8, so their mothers wanted too go in the pool to watch them. now heres the part that ticked me off!!!!!! we had too buy 2 more wristbands for a mere 40 dollars so they could go in with their kids. i think the price of the wrist bands was outrageous!!!!! they didnt even offer k y jelly or vasaline, they just stuck it to you !!!!!! the pool bar wasnt open, altho that wasnt a problem , after paying for the wrist bands i was broke anyway!!!!! if your takeing your kids there too swim , make sure your under 6 people

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank bill m
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I recently stayed at the Adventureland Inn during a convention at nearby Prarie Meadows. By comparison, it was like staying in a 1970's vintage place compared to a 2012 facility. There were evidently pools inside, because permeating the hallways was a strong chlorine smell. The room wasn't bad, but otherwise it was like taking a trip back into time.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2012

They really need a bell hop. After checking in earlier and explaining that someone was coming later to pick up a key and set up for my daughter's birthday, I was extremely disappointed to hear all that transpired. First, my aunt told them that she was here to pick up the key that was left for her and the front desk told her I was already in the room and to head down. Unfortunately, that was not the case. So searching for the room and going back to the front desk to get the key, the grabbed one of the bell hop carts to start taking stuff down to the room with absolutely no help from the staff (even when somethings fall out). Very disappointed, I gave two stars because the room was clean and the restaurant staff were pleasant. Next time, I'll go to the Ramada.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2012

The hotel is in a great location and the pool is fun for the kids. It is older and the rooms are small, however we were ok with it for a couple nights. The have a good and reasonably priced breakfast.

2  Thank Lovetotravelfamily4
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stayed here because a wedding reception/dance that we were attending was held here. We have to say that our encounters with the entire staff were very pleasant--everyone was helpful and courteous. We ate ate the restaurant-food was good, a bit overpriced for what it was, but good, just the same. The banquet food was very good--the prime rib was primo. Now on to the facility--it NEEDS updating--the whole thing has the 70's thing going on. We didn't find any bugs or anything, but the entire place needs some work--they seem to know that people stay for convenience--and they really don't care, because of that reason. We did not use the pool areas, but some from our party did and their children enjoyed it. This place does not advertise to be a 4 star resort, and I guess if I was planning a family trip, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here. It may seem overpriced, but I think kids would love it.

Room tip: Ask that you are not given a room on the south side--a pond borders the property and dozens of Canadian geese are in an around it--they are very noisy early in the morning.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends