“And now some rooms have air con / heating!!”
Review of Agador Tamlelt

Agador Tamlelt
Ranked #51 of 78 Hotels in Agadir
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I have stayed at this hotel about 7 times now, most recent Feb 2012, so will just update as I obviously think it's worthwhile. We paid just under £20 per day per person (if you book with hotels4u or travelrepublic) you get a good basic clean room, with a change of bedding mid week, towels changed daily, all inclusive meals with a WIDE variety of choice at each sitting (breakfast there are pancakes, omelettes and fried eggs cooked before your eyes, croissants, doughnuts, ham and cheese, salad bits, lovely bread, tea, coffee, chocolate and soft drinks / lunch and dinner offers a variety of salads with separate tomato, cucumber, lettuce, radish, red/white cabbage etc, a fish and a meat dish prepared in front of you so you can chose which cuts you want (smile and joke and you'll get the best breast of chicken etc), pasta, chips, mince, bread, soup x 2 varieties, mashed or boiled potatoes, various vegies which differ daily, rice, couscous), drinks include beer, wine, vodka, whisky, gin, martini, white and dark rum and others I'm sure as well as coke, 7up, fanta etc. How can you complain about this? Some do of course. I would if I paid £50 per day and it wasn't top restaurant food but it is not, it's a 3 star hotel.

We were given 2 rooms - 1 with 2 twin bedrooms and a lounge area for the 5 of us and 1 with 1 twin bedroom and a lounge area for the other 3 and they had been fitted with new air conditioning/heating units in I Block. They were good but on the 6th level so the showers weren't that powerful between 6 ~ 7pm when everyone else was showering on the lower levels. As the evenings were really quite cold we used the heating to warm the room after our showers and when we came in at night.

Great time was had by us all with a fab week in the sunshine at a fantastic price. Would I go again? Yep, in a few months with my Mum and Sister :-)

Room Tip: I or J blocks are my favs
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank jjcm

Reviewed 21 December 2011

We're just back from a great holiday here. Never done all inclusive - we're normally pretty independent travellers and usually prepared to spend a bit more to have greater control. But we fancied a break in the sun on a budget, so ended up here: myself, OH and 3.5 year old daughter. We're probably not 'all inclusive' converts (nothing to do with the hotel, just us), but OH and I both agree we can't fault the holiday for the price paid and we're really happy.

Rooms were clean and spacious - not luxurious, but absolutely fine for our needs. Food in the restaurants was pretty good for the price paid. Not gourmet, but perfectly nice and fresh. Mixed it up with a few meals out, but generally happy to stay eating there. Moroccan 'theme' restaurant was nice, not so sure about others (tried Japanese one, wasn't great for us). The breakfast range was good, too: the fresh omelettes/eggs to order were nice, as were the pancakes. Pools were nice, everything was clean.

The staff were fantastic - really great with our daughter, she was absolutely doted on and had a great time, mostly due to all the fuss and attention I expect.

Mini golf was a hit, the camel ride on 'chocolate the camel' went down a treat. My daughter absolutely loved the tortoises, especially the two tiny baby ones that the man would pick up for her every time he saw her. We liked the beach - again, the staff down there were great with our daughter, taking time to play and talk with her.

I'm writing this review based on price paid. So, it was a cheap holiday and I didn't expect a luxurious room, all the extras, gourmet food, etc. and I didn't get it. But we're pretty impressed with what our money bought us.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Annika56
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We stayed on the El Pueblo Tamlelt side of this resort and i have to say our room was really shabby, unlike others on the Caribbean village side who said their rooms were lovely. Our balcolny hadnt seen a mop for god knows how long, and the room was very very dusty. The food was good, plenty of choice. The entertainment team were good although i think that they should cater more for adults in the way of entertainment. If you do go in October (when we went) i suggest you ditch the dressy dresses for the evening and wear jeans and sweatshirts or jumpers as it gets really chilly at night. The choice of pools is great, the main pool is where all the entertainment happens during the day, and can be really noisy, if you want a quiet day then just get a bed at one of the other pools. If youre going for a day at the beach, forget ordering a sandwich to be delivered to you, they are as hard as bullets!!! (McDs is just up the road). If you have no sense of direction, find somewhere else to stay, this place is a nightmare and i got lost soooo many times!! They need to re-think the signs, maybe they should follow Butlins idea and have colour coded lines painted on the floor!!!
All in all we had a good time, the weather was fairly warm during the day but as i said was chilly at night.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2011

My 6th visit to this hotel (including The Caribbean Village) this time with another 4 people making a total of 11 of us!

They have almost finished redoing the tiles all around the pools which look good and aren't as slippery as the blue tiles.

The food is good with a DIFFERENT fish dish and meat dish on offer EVERY day - one day it was Garlic chicken, ask for the breast if you like; gorgeous Gammon; beef stirfry; ginger chicken; various Tagines etc. Lots of different mixed salads, such as rice salad as well as separate cucumber, grated carrot, tomatoes etc. Then there's chips, pastas, bolognese sauce. My fav food is still the omlettes in the morning and the pancakes which are freshly made in front of you so you can see the chefs and they do not have bad hygiene habits. The chefs that cut and handle the fresh meat have plastic gloves on!

Many people get tummy upsets but mostly it is due to drinking alcohol during the day, all day, the change in water, the change in the way the food is cooked, and mainly sitting in the sun for hours!!

Our rooms were great - 2 bedrooms with a bed in the lounge area, our balcony was small but my Sister's was large but we didn't spend any time at all on the balcony.

The entertainment is cheesy, the guys work very hard, although there have been many changes to the team.

One of my main complaint if I had to say a negative is I wish the outside bar coke/lemonade etc was in a dispenser so the children could help themselves rather than queuing up and a couple of the older bar staff (during the day) are grumpy and give the children small cups so they have to go up more often - makes more sense to give them larger cups or make it easier for them to get drinks like they do in the main restaurant.

I love this place and it worked out under £30 per day each which is FANTASTIC value....we're going back next October!

Room Tip: Ask for I or J block
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jjcm
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We have Just got back from the EL PUEBLO TAMALET Agadir.
First let me say the food was ok, not great but certainly not bad.
I'm not fussy, my wife is, and we both found something decent to eat at all meals.
As far as the Al a cartes are concerned, the best by far was the Morrocan. We thought the others were not as good as the buffet restaurant.
The animation team work really hard, all day. Though I could have done without the annoying “Agadir dance” twice a day. We stayed by the more busy of the pools, but there are quieter options
There are a lot of steps here but people in wheelchairs did seem to get about ok.
Our room was basic but clean however there is a shortage of electrical sockets.
The bar staff also work hard and the alcohol flowed freely (a tip now and again helps) One complaint, they had an annoying habit of running out of Vodka at about 11 o’clock each night
All in all well worth the money we spent

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family