“Amazing architecture ”

and up
Casablanca Half-Day City Tour
Ranked #3 of 98 things to do in Casablanca
More attraction details
Owner description: This stately mosque, a fine example of pure Moroccan architecture, is the only one in the city that non-Muslims may visit.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Worth a trip, buy tickets for the tours at the museum if you want to go inside. 120 dirhams. Arrive for the earlier tours 9 and 10 am, to enjoy a quieter atmosphere.

1  Thank Laura G
Write a ReviewReviews (6,855)
All reviews
"non muslims"
in 238 reviews
"beautiful mosque"
in 152 reviews
"largest mosque in the world"
in 107 reviews
in 159 reviews
"craftsmanship"
in 74 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We walked around the small museum first where a number of building techniques are exploring with ample examples. That is worth 30-45min. There are some videos but none were working. We then did the 1h tour which was a good introduction to how the mosque functions. Biggest problem with that was that the group was huge—probably >100 people, as everyone who didn’t speak French, Spanish or Arabic was in the English speaking group.
The outside area is ideal for taking pictures.

1  Thank Carmen P
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I visited Hassan II Mosque and was blown away by the magnificent architectural structure surrounded by water. My eyes were trapped by this beauty and I could not stop staring at it. We were invited inside the mosque; however, we had to take our shoes off as a mark of respect to the Muslim faith. The usher was a very kind elderly lady and treated with such dignity and kindness. The inside was something else to behold! Every piece of building material was crafted from the finest workmanship and it shows in every detail. The peace and serenity that I felt inside of this magnificent structure was astounding. I knelt in prayer and felt a Zenlike calm overcoming me like a shroud of peacefulness. I had to be pulled out of the mosque as I did not want to leave. I would love to visit this attraction again. Infact, this was the highlight of my entire trip.

1  Thank fanezam2017
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We bought the tickets to visit the mosque and a guide came to give us a tour also (without asking for one). He was friendly and the information provided very valuable! In the end he did not even accept our tipp.
Would recommend having a guide!

1  Thank Adina C