See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 July 2017

upon arrival, the desk clerk demanded payment in advance, something we hadn't encountered in our travels anywhere else, it was confronting. The room's air cond didn't work and despite asking the desk clerk to get it fixed, nothing was done. I was out for an hour and a man and a woman let themselves into the room much to my wife's surprise and stated that they were here to change light bulbs. Really? While the room was occupied? Our room had a pool glimpse at the rear of the property and the window wouldn't lock?? Our room overlooked the bar area below and the rusting air cond units of other rooms. The breakfast next morning was the most basic we had in our trip, very ordinary. I think I know why we had to pay up front for the room, luckily we only had 1 night as I would definitely not want to stay any longer,

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2017

this booking was really disappointing. I wanted to have an ocean view room, so when we checked in, they put us on the 5th floor facing away from the ocean. I asked to be moved, and they put us on the 2nd floor on the front, which was very nice. (Rooms are ok, nothing fancy, but decent). So when the music and traffic started up at 10pm I didn't think much of it, but when it continued until 6am, I was pretty frustrated. I know they are not going to come out and say, you should stay on the back side of the hotel or you won't be happy, but I don't think that's in their nature. Staff at front desk was cold and unhelpful, even with simple questions about where to catch a cab. Bellman was excellent, but you have to have them do everything, from setup the safe, to turn on the AC, etc. I would never, ever book this hotel again.

Stayed: June 2017
2  Thank DaisyTraveller
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Just checked in. Hotel is run down. We got a terrible room with a view of the pool equipment and a loud generator. Asked for non-smoking but the room is smoking and smells horrible. Front desk was unfriendly and said there weren't other rooms they could move us to. Overpriced, should be rated 1-2 stars.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Crystal D
Reviewed 25 April 2017

I arrived on April 8th at about 7 p.m.. I said I’d reserved 2 rooms with twin beds, one under my name and the other under the name of Rosana Tonisi. The clerk said they didn’t have availability of twin beds, only double bed. Besides that – and worst of all - he said I had only 1 room reserved. I tried to show him a paper issued by “hoteis.com”, but he didn’t even want to read. I asked him to call “hoteis.com” and he said they wouldn’t answer because we were on Saturday. Then, I said him I had sent an email to the Hotel Azur asking for a confirmation and I had been answered. He pretended not to hear. Fortunately, I could find my confirmation on the front desk and catch it. So, he gave us the key cards without even apologize. The next day I told what happened to the other clerk (who was there at about 9 a.m.), who was really kind, apologized on behalf of the other and told us that the name of the bad clerk was Noudine. I’ve never felt so mistreated in a hotel before know Noudine!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank _luiza_lins1
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

The photos on the internet don't resemble the real hotel. The rooftopbar is closed permanently, the breakfast is quite expensive. Our room didn't have a window, but there was a closed room in front of our window - so no fresh air. It was very noisy from 7.am. onwards!
The rooms were okay clean, the staff very friendly.
It is located on the ocean boulevard, with a lot of nightclubs, bars and restaurants around. Wouldn't recommend for a longer stay.
30 mins drive from the airport, 30 mins drive to the train station. 1 hour walk to the main mosque!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends