“Not quite horrible, but pretty darn close.”

Ibis Casa Sidi Maarouf
Ranked #37 of 77 Hotels in Casablanca
Reviewed 7 February 2015

Ibis is generally a good "fall back" hotel around Morocco with locations near transportation hubs. Never great, but okay. This particular Ibis was about as bad as it gets for 850Dh a night.

- Wifi is a bit slow. I can deal with that, but some business travelers might not enjoy this. In fact, I'm writing this review using the wifi at this same Ibis... where I have just killed my fourth cockroach.

- Service was occasionally friendly, usually abrupt, and sometimes just rude.

- Location is near the tram and Tecnopark (good for business/getting around), though a bit far out for most travelers.

- Breakfast was unspectacular. The eggs and potatoes were both cold and the packaged strawberry jam had managed to grow mold.

- The lobby has been perpetually full of smokers meaning that every time I enter/exit the hotel, I've probably smoked one or two cigarettes without even having to light up. Maybe a bonus for some people, but not for me.

- Four cockroaches and counting. Did I say cockroaches? Really. Cockroaches. Lots of them.

If this were a 300-400Dh a night room, this would be a 2-star review. I could understand the cockroaches in a big city and how the hotel is a bit dirty around the edges, I would be more appreciative of the wifi and would excuse the smoking in the lobby, though the cold eggs and potatoes would definitely knock down the rating (how do you screw that up two days in a row?!?!) But for $100 a night?!?! I've spent less than that in New York, Paris, San Francisco, Prague, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid and on better places and, to be absolutely fair, those are much more pleasant cities with a lot more to offer and better infrastructure for business and tourism. No excuse for this... if everything weren't already paid, I would have been long gone.

Room Tip: Ask for the roach-free room, though I don't know how much that would help.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Lucas P
IBTISSAM B, Directeur général at Ibis Casa Sidi Maarouf, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Casablanca Sidi Maarouf. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 24 January 2015

IBIS Casa Sidi Maarouf is a very convenient hotel, accessible from anywhere. The service was very good, the rooms were Cousy and definitely, a place to be for every business traveller. Their food was just perfect!.

Room Tip: Business Travellers, this is the place to be
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
IBTISSAM B, Directeur général at Ibis Casa Sidi Maarouf, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2015

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Casablanca Sidi Maarouf. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 9 January 2015

Despite many bad reviews I read here, I found a Ibis hotel that deliver the overall brand quality and for the correct price. Ok the towels were not fluffy but were clean as was the bedding. The room was also clean, not the best mattress I had in my life but I slept well. The staff seems to be the common point in all reviews and is true, they were helpful and friendly, with special note for the restaurant manager Saeed. It is far from the centre, in a business centre area, so you don't have many attractions around, but the tram station is just around the corner, and is cheap and reliable to use the transportation system. Breakfast was good too, with dates, olives, besides the normal croissants and etc. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
IBTISSAM B, Directeur général at Ibis Casa Sidi Maarouf, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2015

Reviewed 11 November 2014

I am a business traveller and the way the staff in Ibis treated me made me so happy and allow me to focus on my business ..Fatima was great and Yaseen also ..all are were very nice ..location is perfect as well

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
IBTISSAM B, Directeur général at Ibis Casa Sidi Maarouf, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2014

Reviewed 1 September 2014

In summary, I had to clean up the room and wash the dishes before any use. The level of cleanliness is below zero, it was really frustrating to go through this despite the several comments to the staff. Yet to remain fair, the reception team is extremely welcoming and helpful. The location is convenient for business purposes only, else the downtown area can be considered far with all the traffic in the city.

• Stayed: June 2014