Ibis is generally a good "fall back" hotel around Morocco with locations near transportation hubs. Never great, but okay. This particular Ibis was about as bad as it gets for 850Dh a night.
- Wifi is a bit slow. I can deal with that, but some business travelers might not enjoy this. In fact, I'm writing this review using the wifi at this same Ibis... where I have just killed my fourth cockroach.
- Service was occasionally friendly, usually abrupt, and sometimes just rude.
- Location is near the tram and Tecnopark (good for business/getting around), though a bit far out for most travelers.
- Breakfast was unspectacular. The eggs and potatoes were both cold and the packaged strawberry jam had managed to grow mold.
- The lobby has been perpetually full of smokers meaning that every time I enter/exit the hotel, I've probably smoked one or two cigarettes without even having to light up. Maybe a bonus for some people, but not for me.
- Four cockroaches and counting. Did I say cockroaches? Really. Cockroaches. Lots of them.
If this were a 300-400Dh a night room, this would be a 2-star review. I could understand the cockroaches in a big city and how the hotel is a bit dirty around the edges, I would be more appreciative of the wifi and would excuse the smoking in the lobby, though the cold eggs and potatoes would definitely knock down the rating (how do you screw that up two days in a row?!?!) But for $100 a night?!?! I've spent less than that in New York, Paris, San Francisco, Prague, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid and on better places and, to be absolutely fair, those are much more pleasant cities with a lot more to offer and better infrastructure for business and tourism. No excuse for this... if everything weren't already paid, I would have been long gone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the business district of Casablanca, the Ibis Moussafir Casablanca Sidi Maarouf offers 85 rooms, of which 15 are suites, featuring direct dial telephone, satellite TV, heating and airconditioning along with WiFi in the communal areas of the hotel. 15 Minutes from Casablanca Airport, the hotel offers delicious cuisine at the La Table restaurant. Our Tapas bar is open everyday until 11pm. 2 Meeting rooms combining comfort and refined decor are available for your business needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Accorhotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Casa Sidi Maarouf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Casablanca Sidi Maarouf Hotel Casablanca