See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

For those who enjoy the standard experience of a hotel, this place may not be for you. But I'm kind of fed up with hotels, lobbies, continental breakfasts, the crowd... I came here by chance and didn't regret it. You feel like home. Service is great, the staff is nice to you and will help any time of the day. The atmosphere is a mix of riad and moderne villa style. I'm not saying you'll find luxurious accommodation here but it's way beyond the average and I can say it is excellent. Rooms are very clean with nice decor . I liked it very much and will come back.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2015

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 25 April 2015

Whilst this Riad was perfectly ok, I would pick up on lainey64332 - mixed emotions review. As we ended up here having been hustled by a 'tour guide' called Hassan and whilst he has provided us with some great Fes stories, he was not overly full of facts or sharing info, but more into what financial gains that were to be had. After a 1/2 day tour and feeling extremely aggrevated and slightly conned our charming host had a good laugh at our expense with the girls on reception. As I say, overall the place was fine, but I couldn't help but feel the staff were in on the 'shake-down' and general exploitation of tourists!

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2014

Stayed here in August. A very nice little hotel, close to shopping and restaurants. The place is done out in maroccan style with a central courtyard etc. The staff were very helpful and the rooms were lovely.

We did hear quite a lot of noise during the night and one of the young girls running the place came back early one morning sobbing her eyes out and generally acting up. The next night we were woken every 20 minutes by an alarm (possibly something to ensure the person on nights was awake) but as nobody was on duty we solved that by disconnecting the phone.

A lovely place to rest up when visiting Fez and its Medina.

A really nice place to rest your weary bones.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed at the Dar aliane for 5 nights,We found the staff to be very helpful nothing was a problem, the room was nice. We had a very knowledgeable local guide at first, absolutely no pressure in fact he stressed upon us not to allow ourselves to be pressured, we felt very comfortable. When we arrived back at the Dar Aliane a dreadful argument ensued and our guide Ali was given the flick. As we had already arranged a trip to the Atlas and berber village with him via another driver, we continued with the plan. This man was very nice at first but became extremely controlling and agro if he didn't get his way, trying to force us to stay in the hotel of his choice which would have been a 1 star and awful, I'm perfectly comfortable in 3 star. We ended up paying around $250 for a very flash 5 star hotel, in the end I was exhausted with being dragged around, I really felt he was doing a deal with them for a backhander. We had to go to an ATM to get money, he kept pressuring us to get more and I stuck to my guns this time.
To the staff at Dr Aliane, I apologise I didn't say anything at the time as this is not my way but I was so traumatised and upset by the whole incident I thought it best I do it through the review. This in no way takes away from the hotel just be careful if your having side trips. To the staff of Dar Aliane this is not a critisism, the noise in the night time after 9pm was terrible, not sure if it was staff or patrons running up and down the stairs and corridors making a lot of noise, yelling etc I needed ear plugs every night, I really think you need someone more mature as a night watchman, the night noise made it very difficult to sleep. Overall the hotel was a pretty good
experience.As for the outside environment, yes the area was a little run down, kids playing soccer in the busy roundabout but we found that quite refreshing, we walked to the shopping centres, that was really good, also walked to the local restaurant, food was great, we never felt threatened, We also interacted with these kids and they were delightful, no different in essence to most children, we even took photos of them, I think sometimes we humans fear interaction but for us it took us back to our childhood. We can find drunks and ill behaved people in any main city. Lainey

Room tip: I would recommend maybe an upstairs room as we were right on the main thoroughfare
Date of stay: June 2014