“Wonderful Place to stay in Fes!”
Review of Riad Lalla Fatima

Riad Lalla Fatima
Ranked #55 of 225 Fes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 February 2017

I just want to say that I really enjoyed my time here at the Riad Lalla Fatima! I was able to stay 2 nights and enjoyed everything about this place. The family is so friendly and made you feel right at home. The best part of the stay is taking a cooking class. I enjoyed the evening making Tagine and Charmoola and other great side dishes. (sorry if spelled incorrectly) I enjoyed the evening getting to know the family. I took plenty of notes so I can follow these recipes at home..they were patient with me. I will certainly be back to stay here when I am in Fes again and highly recommend this Riad! Thank you so much!!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

We had a lovely 2 night stay at this Riad, the home of Lalla Fatima and her family. The family makes you feel so at home, like very very welcome guests-it's a pleasure to stay.
As with all Riads the entrance is a nondescript door in an alley but the home inside is lovely. Good rooms, open courtyard and a great welcome.
The room was very comfortable & the bathroom beautifully tiled.
We ate in the Riad both evenings and the fresh home cooked meals were superb.
If you have time ask for a cooking class from Lalla Fatima, you won't be disappointed!
We would stay again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2016

VERY welcoming hosts.I felt like a queen.Extraordinary!!!!Very attentive , I felt really good. I stayed 10 days.An oasis of peace.A piece of heaven,They are careful and want to feel good in their home,Note 10 Mrs. Fatima.if you want an unforgettable experience is the perfect place . The large bathroom spacious rooms , common space spectacular . What is most important is how you behave hosts . Next time you get into Fes still there I'll go ! Thank you for this beautiful memory. Signed Seherezada ...... ......

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2016

The thing that attracted me the most about Riad Lalla Fatima was the open courtyard with its trees and plants. I had seen several other riads in Fes but almost all of them had closed courtyards, which are lovely but I personally like to see the sun! Riad Lalla Fatima has two courtyards, an open one in their summer house and a closed one in the winter house. The houses were absolutely stunning and much larger than I imagined (I even got lost in the beginning). The room I stayed in was perfect in size and the bathroom was also big enough and well illuminated (unlike other bathooms I experienced elsewhere). Lalla Fatima is a wonderful host as well and made the best breakfast I ever had during my 10 days in Morocco! She also prepared tea and biscuits, both on arrival and during the afternoon while I was working on the patio with my laptop. The wifi was also the fastest and most reliable connection I had during my trip which (it works much better in the summer house since that's where the router is located).

I loved the calm and silence it offered and the spectacular decor, and I felt very much at home. It's also located very close to a medina door (Bab Ziat) which is very practical if you need to get out and grab a taxi somewhere). I'd definitely come back here for my next trip to Fes.

Room Tip: Rooms in the summer house have a view on an outdoor patio
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2016

We had a magical stay with Lalla Fatima in her Riad. The home is a rambling, beautiful secret kept hidden behind the walls of the medina of Fes. The home features two gorgeous courtyards, both with colorful tile and delicately carved stonework. The orange and lemons trees and the fluttering of birds brings the outside into the interior space. Each room is a gem, with antique furniture and intricately carved woodwork. Lalla Fatima, her two daughters, and her staff are very kind and tranquil people. If you stay in for dinner, the food is quite delicious. Overall, this riad is a fantastic place to relax and surround yourself with beauty.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple