All reviewsshared bathroombab boujloudvery pleasant stayshower headlocation is greatblue gatean oasisexcellent staythe ground floormint tearoof terracecourtyardguidemoroccomedinasultantour
Reviewed 25 December 2016

Location, location, location! Steps to the Blue Gate, restaurants (make sure to check out the Clock Cafe) and everything the Medina has to offer - you couldn't ask for a better spot. Private and quite, our family of four (kids 9 and 13) felt very secure during our stay. The staff is outstanding and will go the extra mile to make sure you're comfortable. Furnishings are a little tired but are clean and get the job done. If you want value for your dollar you don't need to look any further.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2016

The Riad Louna did not tell me that they'd double-booked my room although I was in communication with the property multiple times in the days leading to my arrival and on the very day of my arrival in Fes for what was supposed to be a 3-night stay at Riad Louna's Red Room. As a solo female traveler, I was placed in an unacceptable position late at night where I was despairing of finding accommodation. The alternatives that the hotel tried to pressure me into accepting were unbelievable. They made me walk through the medina to a sister-riad which they said was nearby. It took 20 minutes to maneuver the narrow passages with my cases to the hotel which was a poor comparison to what I was expecting at the Riad Louna. I then had to return through those same dark alleys with my bags, to the Riad Louna when I refused to stay there. When they finally agreed to contact the overall manager, he tried to suggest more alternatives and did move me to yet another sister-Riad some distance away. After a long journey to Fes from Chefchouene, I did not get to this Riad until almost midnight.
I was then moved to another Riad for the next 2 nights of my stay. The staff at that Riad were very helpful and kind but the quality of the accommodation was absolutely not what I had anticipated for my visit to Fes.
The main concern here is that the Riad Louna did not provide me with an opportunity BEFORE my arrival to change my booking to accommodation of my own choosing.
The legality and most definitely the ethics of the Riad's operation in regard to my reservation are highly questionable.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel or riad
Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
5  Thank HappyFJ
Reviewed 29 October 2016

My husband and I had an excellent stay at Riad Louna. The hotel is beautiful, you have an open green court with colorful birds and several adorable set up roof top terraces. It is very well located in the Medina, shops and restaurants and gates right around the corner. The Riad is calm and quiet. The staff is super nice and helps you out with everything. You also get a map of the Medina from them. You can ask them anything, also concerning the prices of any good you want to buy in the Medina, so you make sure you don't get ripped off. The rooms are beautiful as well and contain everything you need. We feel very comfortable here and we don't want to leave.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Riad Louna is a fabulous resting place for medina lovers and city wanderers. We found the hotel online and booked it without knowing what to expect. Don't be fooled by the modest entrance, you will soon enter the lovely and open air gardens in the center of the riad, making way for an aviary for dozens of birds.
Upon our arrival Mohammad was very helpful, serving us tea on the beautiful terrace and giving us instructions on how to get around the medina and other city attractions. He will even book a certified guide to show you the sites, which I highly recommend.
We stayed in the triple suite room; spacious and very comfortable this room is great for a family of four or less.
If you want the ideal Fes location, hospitable service and cozy accommodations at a price that can't be beat, I highly recommend Riad Louna.

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 2 October 2016

We visited Riad Louna for dinner on our first night in Fez. This riad/restaurant has a terrace overlooking the roofs of the Medina. It is pleasant to sit on top of all the buzzing shops in the narrow streets of Fez and enjoy some local food. We ordered two set menus and enjoyed both Tagine and Couscous. The quality of the food was good, and the atmosphere enjoyable, with a choir of birds singing for us from the trees in the patio of the riad. The service was a bit slow but overall OK. This is not a fine dining destination but a nice place to grab dinner a short walk from Bab Boujloud. Enjoy

Stayed: September 2016