“Casablanca 3hrs - overpaid”
Review of Gray Line Morocco

3-Hour Marrakech Souks and Medina Walking Tour
Ranked #860 of 1,078 Tours in Marrakech
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Since 1973, Gray Line Morocco offers a unique and enriching experience. Diverse excursions and tours to the dazling places like: Marrakesh with its palaces and monuments, Ouarzazate and its magic desert, Essaouira and its crystalline waters and sandy beaches, Atlas mountains and its majestic landscape… so many adventures to be lived and to be discovered.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The guide was nice and multilingual.
However, if there is only one real sight in town: the Hassan 2 mosque
He cannot invent more , although he had been trying hard.
The compulsory carpet/rug as well as argan oil spots were part of the tour.
I cannot tell about all the quality but I was shown much better quality and more inviting places during my last stay in morocco several years ago.
Be aware:
1 hour out of the total three lasts the visit with an authorized guide st the hassan mosque. I had to pay the guide 120 dirham !!!!in addition. It was probably not correct as the tour was expensive and incl the mosque.The remaining two hours were spent on driving through different districts of casablanca. A taxi ride would have been shorter and costs less.
The price is much much too high for this tour. the market was probably closed on sundays as we did not stop there.
The guide told me that 15 to 20% tips were normal in Morocco.
You believe it or not. I did not.
He also recommended a medium class restaurant: "des fleurs" . The couscous was partly warm ,mist probably instant couscous.... . The ambience with 2 big tv- sets was not charming.
Luckily enough I was spoilt by several premium class restaurants with wonderful moroccan interiors and excellent food in Marrakech.
Casablanca I have seen. unfortunately, it was not the best impression I got but I am positively looking forward to the rest of my trip. Half a day in casablanca is more than sufficient.

See the hassan mosque and take a taxi to discover some districts.
Be sure the taxi driver sets the taximeter which is compulsory in Moroc. Do not accept any excuses. Taxi drivers may cheat on you. I met only 2 so far charging a fair rate.
Different countries , different habits.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Reviewed 17 February 2018

I experienced the services of Gray Line Morocco during several stays in Marrakech and each time I was very content. They do not cancel the excursion even there is only one single client.So three times the tour I had booked and paid for as a shared group tour was like a private tour for me as a solo traveller. The trips to Ait Benhaddou/Ouarzazate and to Imlil/Atlas Mountain are really great experiences!

Reviewed 27 December 2017

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 July 2017

It was a horrible experience and for me it will make me reconsider how I look into trip advisor listing of best attractions.
The tour was supposed to be a dinner in a palace with a show and dancing for a decent price . We arrived at 730 pm to find ourselves the only ones in the hall and we were the only till the end.
Palace: no, it's a nice restaurant ur far from been a palace, hot venue till we had to ask for the air conditioner to be switched on and even then it was just ok and I would say just
The show: no show, 3 people singing, one of them with an owd, they were ice, sang 3 songs and played music for some time , no dancing, definitely not a show and nothing outstanding at all
The food: clearly was pre prepared , initially some of the warm starters were cold and I had to ask them to warm them , main dishes were good amount but normal taste ( had only three tagines in Marrakesh and the first two were much better and one of them was in a smaller more modest restaurant