Kenzi Club Agdal Medina
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Albakech House(Marrakech)
5,882 results
All reviewsanimation teampool bargolf buggyprivate poolshuttle busreception staffall inclusive hotelfrench guestsfrench speakingmain languagetable tennisplenty of sunbedsevening entertainmentthemed nightsshort breakwater aerobicsall inclusive deal
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Myself and my wife visited as a belated honeymoon and we were not disappointed. We booked the holiday as a very good deal so weren't expecting too much, especially as the price we paid was more than reasonable, also we were skeptical as the the "5 star" tag!
Once we arrived and got settled in we realised this is very well set-up hotel where the staff are attentive, polite and enthusiastic, our rooms were always cleaned to a high standard and we were always served promptly at the bar. They have an entertainments team who will encourage you to get involved but with a polite "no" they do not insist and continue to be friendly and say "good morning" without making you feel guilty about not joining in.
The two pools are great with towels provided, there was always somewhere to sit and quite often a cabana!!!!!!
Overall we had a fantastic time and found ourselves able to relax and de-stress for a whole week.
The only comment we would make is that at times the showers would go from hot to cold in seconds without touching the taps and the walls were slightly thin, not that this disturbed us.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that wishes to relax and chill.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank james w
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I recently made my first trip to Marrakech with 2 other girlfriends. I didn't really know what to expect as friends have had mixed reviews about the city. However, I went with an open mind and was not disappointed.

We took a cab from the airport and had read elsewhere on here that the fare should be around 100/150 dirhams. The cab driver obviously saw us coming though, and was insistent that it was fixed price of 200 dirhams - he would not even enter into any form of discussion. I am not a fan of batering, and after a long journey was quite happy to cough up the difference. It only took about 20 mins, so pretty convenient really, albeit not terribly close to the main centre.

Upon arrival at the hotel we were met at our cab by very helpful staff who took our cases away and presented us with a gorgeous glass of hot, sweet mint tea.

Entrance into the reception hall was a joy. The whole place was immaculately clean and elegant, heavily (although not overwhelmingly) scented with incense. The check in procedure was smooth and efficient. We were then driven by buggy to our room which was set down near the tennis courts.

The room was lovely - spacious, clean and well appointed with plenty of lights, plug sockets etc. We had glazed doors onto a lovely private patio at the back, communal courtyard to the front. Plety of cupboard space, clean and modern, fresh bathroom and nicely powerful shower.

The complex is huge and I am ashamed to say that we did not make the most of the facilities. There are numerous activities organised during the day, and a beautiful spa which I kept meaning to book but just didnt get round to. There are two pools - strangely the "kids" pool (the larger of the two, with a fun water slide) was unheated and absolutely freezing! The smaller pool felt like a bath in comparison. Both were spotlessly clean, with plentiful loungers, sun booths etc.

I wasn't expecting much in terms of food but it was all great. Bear in mind it is a buffet so there are limitations on what can be cooked fresh, but if you go with the expectation that this is a buffet, albeit a very good one, you shouldnt be disappointed.

One night we paid the additional 100 dirhams to dine at the Morroccan restaurant. This was lovely, the food and wine was plentiful, the service prompt and efficient. The only thing lacking was that there were only 3 tables of guests so no real ambience, but I guess most people were taking advantage of the free buffet!

There is a free shuttle bus that runs into the Medina hourly. Couldnt be easier.

All in all I was delighted with the hotel, and will definitely go back there again later in the year. Next time I will book for longer to make sure I have time to do evrythig I missed out on this time!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ellesbelles57
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We were at Club Kenzi for a week at beginning of March and had a fantastic time. I was slightly hesitant on going on this holiday but I can honestly say it is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I have nothing negative to say and loved every minute. From the minute we arrived until the moment we left and believe me I did not want to leave.

I loved the food and can't complain on that front and I certainly ate my fair share as did my partner!

Our room was lovely, a huge bed which must have been kingsize! Our room was upstairs, opposite the tennis courts, which I would recommend as this was a lovely quiet area. Although, if you had a room on the other side of this riad you would see the sunset as I used to walk up on to the roof to watch this.

All the staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The animation team work so hard and there is always plenty of activities to do.

No need to get up early to get your sunbeds as there are plenty! I don't think we were next to anyone the whole week.

We did a lovely trip to the Atlas Mountains and went to a berber house where the locals were so welcoming. You must try the mint tea, lovely! We then went on for lunch which again was just so nice. Our guide was called Fred (easier than his real name) and was organised by the rep in the hotel and he was great, so helpful.

Oh re the air con - this is switched off in the Winter and throws out hot air instead! I made the mistake of saying to reception it didn't work only to be told this! Personally I loved having the window open as no worry of mosquitoes or the noise of the air con.

Marrakech is such an interesting place, magical and mystical and can't wait to go back there.

Can't recommend this hotel enough and def looking at going back in September or October when it is cooler.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We were 8 adults. Stayed at this hotel in the second week of March'12. All of us enjoyed so much. Our best holiday so far. Hotel near the airport and transfer was included. Hotel is clean, fantastic location (we could see Atlas mountains with snow from our room) and nice layout, nice greenery, staff work very hard and always polite and helpful. Free shuttle to city centre everyday many times. Plenty of choice for vegetarian and non vegetarian. Lovely food and deserts. Everyday different food. Many sports facility and they provide equipment free including swimming towels free to use. Nice entertainment every day in the evening at the hotel by the staff and they invite us if we want to join in some of them. Plenty of drinks you name it and all inclusive. Air condition and 24 hours full flow hot water supply in the room. Definitely worth visiting. But please check the weather temperature as it can be very hot! We were lucky about 28 degree everyday. Good luck....

Room Tip: If you are a couple, make sure you get a double size mattress or double bed. We got two single beds attached together but two separate mattress. But we were not bothered.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2012

very friendly staff good food very clean hotel. 45 min walk to the medina & souk 100dh for taxi on average

Room Tip: two floors pick upstairs less noise
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple