“Blissfully quiet and excellent service”

Kenzi Club Agdal Medina
Ranked #91 of 501 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My boyfriend and I booked this all inclusive holiday with Expedia and it was excellent value for money. We stayed for 6 nights in March 2012.

The reviews that I read on here were very mixed. I am happy to say our experience was a fantastic one.

Location:
A 10 minute taxi journey from the airport. I did try to catch a 19 bus but it only goes to the centre of the city and did not stop at our hotel. Taxis- you will not be able to barter on the price as all drivers stick to the same amount. We (and others we met) paid 150Dh which was roughly £10 according to my exchange rate. The alternative is to book transfers with your holiday provider prior to arrival. The taxi drivers were very polite. Make sure to agree the price set for the amount of passengers travelling and confirm your destination.

Once at the hotel we were able to book a hotel shuttle bus that dropped us into the centre of Marrakech just a few minutes from the Souks and Medina. You book the day before. There was no charge for this. This was about 10-15 min journey. Taxis are sat outside also and the general price is 100Dh.

I found the hotel to be very quiet, we did not see many children. You can see the snow capped Atlas mountains on a clear day.

Rooms:
Beautifully clean and modern. Photos on hotel websites are actually accurate. Flat screen TV with free cable- English movie channel with arabic subtitles, BBC world, Sky news and some childrens programmes that do not have spoken language ( Donald Duck, Pingu etc). Also free WIFI in the rooms and around some areas of the hotel. Signal poor in some places but good enough. Maid service daily and changing towels- you have to leave them on floor if requesting a change. Nice bed linen with duvet cover rather than sheets and no feathers! ( I have allergies). Fridge provided. Safe provided at extra charge- we did not use.

Food and Drink:

We are both vegetarian and found it easy to find enough variety. Chef was happy to use a clean pasta pan etc. Enough variety of dishes.

I have been to a few all inclusive hotels previously and I rate this as one of the best. Drinks- freely available and they are happy to give you bottles of water, wine, coke zero and lemonade at your meals rather than per glass. Good selection and wines and beer of a good standard for all inclusive.

Breakfast- Juices, large selection breads, fresh and dried fruits, omelettes and pancakes to order, eggs, cheeses, cold meats, cereals and cooked breakfast items.

Lunch/Dinner- Pizza, pasta to order (choose sauce items), rices, cous cous, fish to order, plenty meat/chicken dishes, tagines, vegetable tagine, fries, breads, salads, cold meats, sushi, ice cream selections, huge amount of desserts, fresh fruit and potato dishes.

They also serve snacks at pool bar and do afternoon tea with fresh crepes, cakes, paninis and sandwiches.

Money:
Closed currency so we bought ours at the airport on arrival, Either at a counter where they take cash- Pounds or Euros. You can use an ATM at the airport to get cash. We did not seem to find anywhere else that we could use our card in an ATM. Our tour guide said they were only sometimes working.

Also suggest getting a bottle of water at the airport or changing large notes at hotel for coins- 5Dh and 10Dh for tipping as they are hard to come by. We tried to tip 10dH at each meal and between every few rounds at the bar.

Activities:
3 pools; small kids, large unheated and medium heated. Good pool bar, mostly music played was ok and not too loud was easy to sit away from it. Lovely loungers and also double day beds made of foam with lots of pillows. Free towels and no deposit needed or limit but cannot take to room. Clean and tidy. 3 water flumes were brilliant fun and a good way of getting into the unheated pool.

Entertainment- lot of daytime stuff and Kid stuff but you were not hassled to participate. Evening- great bar and atmosphere. Resident singer nice and not cheesy like many other resorts. Fab cocktails and drinks menu, very classy for all inclusive.

Friendly waiting staff.

Trips- we booked a half day walking tour for £12 before we arrived and had a guide to ourselves. We went through the Souks etc with no hassle and good information and history. We did hear some horror stories of people putting monkeys or snakes on you and wanting money to remove- saw none of this. Bought fab tagine and bowls but need to haggle, haggle, haggle.

We did have £24 local tax charge to pay when leaving hotel but to be honest we did not feel too cheated considering the service that we received.

Weather was great. Perfect break away would go back.

Room Tip: If you are given a twin room instead of a true double bed it is worth asking to swap rooms. We swapp...
5  Thank DEVON644

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Myself and my wife visited as a belated honeymoon and we were not disappointed. We booked the holiday as a very good deal so weren't expecting too much, especially as the price we paid was more than reasonable, also we were skeptical as the the "5 star" tag!
Once we arrived and got settled in we realised this is very well set-up hotel where the staff are attentive, polite and enthusiastic, our rooms were always cleaned to a high standard and we were always served promptly at the bar. They have an entertainments team who will encourage you to get involved but with a polite "no" they do not insist and continue to be friendly and say "good morning" without making you feel guilty about not joining in.
The two pools are great with towels provided, there was always somewhere to sit and quite often a cabana!!!!!!
Overall we had a fantastic time and found ourselves able to relax and de-stress for a whole week.
The only comment we would make is that at times the showers would go from hot to cold in seconds without touching the taps and the walls were slightly thin, not that this disturbed us.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that wishes to relax and chill.

1  Thank james w
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I recently made my first trip to Marrakech with 2 other girlfriends. I didn't really know what to expect as friends have had mixed reviews about the city. However, I went with an open mind and was not disappointed.

We took a cab from the airport and had read elsewhere on here that the fare should be around 100/150 dirhams. The cab driver obviously saw us coming though, and was insistent that it was fixed price of 200 dirhams - he would not even enter into any form of discussion. I am not a fan of batering, and after a long journey was quite happy to cough up the difference. It only took about 20 mins, so pretty convenient really, albeit not terribly close to the main centre.

Upon arrival at the hotel we were met at our cab by very helpful staff who took our cases away and presented us with a gorgeous glass of hot, sweet mint tea.

Entrance into the reception hall was a joy. The whole place was immaculately clean and elegant, heavily (although not overwhelmingly) scented with incense. The check in procedure was smooth and efficient. We were then driven by buggy to our room which was set down near the tennis courts.

The room was lovely - spacious, clean and well appointed with plenty of lights, plug sockets etc. We had glazed doors onto a lovely private patio at the back, communal courtyard to the front. Plety of cupboard space, clean and modern, fresh bathroom and nicely powerful shower.

The complex is huge and I am ashamed to say that we did not make the most of the facilities. There are numerous activities organised during the day, and a beautiful spa which I kept meaning to book but just didnt get round to. There are two pools - strangely the "kids" pool (the larger of the two, with a fun water slide) was unheated and absolutely freezing! The smaller pool felt like a bath in comparison. Both were spotlessly clean, with plentiful loungers, sun booths etc.

I wasn't expecting much in terms of food but it was all great. Bear in mind it is a buffet so there are limitations on what can be cooked fresh, but if you go with the expectation that this is a buffet, albeit a very good one, you shouldnt be disappointed.

One night we paid the additional 100 dirhams to dine at the Morroccan restaurant. This was lovely, the food and wine was plentiful, the service prompt and efficient. The only thing lacking was that there were only 3 tables of guests so no real ambience, but I guess most people were taking advantage of the free buffet!

There is a free shuttle bus that runs into the Medina hourly. Couldnt be easier.

All in all I was delighted with the hotel, and will definitely go back there again later in the year. Next time I will book for longer to make sure I have time to do evrythig I missed out on this time!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ellesbelles57
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We were at Club Kenzi for a week at beginning of March and had a fantastic time. I was slightly hesitant on going on this holiday but I can honestly say it is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I have nothing negative to say and loved every minute. From the minute we arrived until the moment we left and believe me I did not want to leave.

I loved the food and can't complain on that front and I certainly ate my fair share as did my partner!

Our room was lovely, a huge bed which must have been kingsize! Our room was upstairs, opposite the tennis courts, which I would recommend as this was a lovely quiet area. Although, if you had a room on the other side of this riad you would see the sunset as I used to walk up on to the roof to watch this.

All the staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The animation team work so hard and there is always plenty of activities to do.

No need to get up early to get your sunbeds as there are plenty! I don't think we were next to anyone the whole week.

We did a lovely trip to the Atlas Mountains and went to a berber house where the locals were so welcoming. You must try the mint tea, lovely! We then went on for lunch which again was just so nice. Our guide was called Fred (easier than his real name) and was organised by the rep in the hotel and he was great, so helpful.

Oh re the air con - this is switched off in the Winter and throws out hot air instead! I made the mistake of saying to reception it didn't work only to be told this! Personally I loved having the window open as no worry of mosquitoes or the noise of the air con.

Marrakech is such an interesting place, magical and mystical and can't wait to go back there.

Can't recommend this hotel enough and def looking at going back in September or October when it is cooler.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

We were 8 adults. Stayed at this hotel in the second week of March'12. All of us enjoyed so much. Our best holiday so far. Hotel near the airport and transfer was included. Hotel is clean, fantastic location (we could see Atlas mountains with snow from our room) and nice layout, nice greenery, staff work very hard and always polite and helpful. Free shuttle to city centre everyday many times. Plenty of choice for vegetarian and non vegetarian. Lovely food and deserts. Everyday different food. Many sports facility and they provide equipment free including swimming towels free to use. Nice entertainment every day in the evening at the hotel by the staff and they invite us if we want to join in some of them. Plenty of drinks you name it and all inclusive. Air condition and 24 hours full flow hot water supply in the room. Definitely worth visiting. But please check the weather temperature as it can be very hot! We were lucky about 28 degree everyday. Good luck....

Room Tip: If you are a couple, make sure you get a double size mattress or double bed. We got two single beds...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family