“Riad Laksiba sets a high standard for others to...”
other travellers have booked this property
Riad Laksiba -  Guest house, Hotel, Rooms or Exclusive Use, Kasbah, Medina, Marrakech, Morocco
Riad Laksiba - Exclusive Use from £125 Night Riad Laksiba  - Rooms from £25 Person
Check Availability
The Twin Room Two, First Floor
Riad Laksiba - Open-Air Courtyard
Bathroom In Twin Room Two, First Floor
Entrance
Dont just be a Tourist. Go Native, Experience Marrakech.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Riad -
5 Bedrooms, 5 Bathrooms, Sleeps 10
Marrakech, Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 228 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Turkish first
German first
Italian first
Turkish first
Any
davidb186...
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Riad Laksiba sets a high standard for others to follow in Marrakech”
Reviewed 25 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013

My wife and I spent 5 nights at the Riad Laksiba (19 – 24 January) and can happily report that the overall experience exceeded expectations. As a light sleeper, easily bothered and kept awake by noise, I needed somewhere quiet enough to hear the ticking of the clock. At the same time I wanted to be within a comfortable stroll of the town centre. Laksiba, at the southern perimeter of the Kasbah checked the box perfectly. The website says that staff are included in the rate. I thought that was an odd thing to say until I could experience incredible and genuine hospitality of the staff. Simon picks his people with great care (including outstanding language skills) and treats them as family members. This high level of consideration is repaid to his guests in so many ways that make the difference between a day spoiled by hassle and one in which you feel the day’s itinerary has gone to plan. Lastly, as a foodie, the quality of the food can make or break a vacation, and here Laksiba was exceptional. Let me put it this way, as a British school child in the 1960s/70s I developed a deep suspicion of prunes. My first meal, classic lamb tajine on my first night at Riad Laksiba, completely converted me to this much maligned fruit! If anyone finds cooking to match Laksiba elsewhere in Marrakech then they will have spent some serious money.
Be sure to follow the link from the website http://riadinmarrakech.com/ and view the short TV documentary on the history of Riad Laksiba.
David B

Travelling group: Family
David,
I am delighted that... of all things that I introduced you to within Moroccan culture during your visit that "Prunes" got a mention. We thoroughly enjoyed you and Sue's company. It was interesting to get Sue's "Japanese" perspective on Marrakech and I am pleased that Sue felt Riad Laksiba was the best part of her holiday. Hopefully we'll see you both again in the future. Best regards Simon (Riad Laksiba)
Gary M
Winniepg
“Riad Laksiba a breath of fresh air”
Reviewed 19 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012

Beautiful experience off the beaten path showcasing the architectural character of old and new. The service was genuinely from the heart of a team of wonderful ambassadors for Marrakech. It's location offers both a peaceful retreat from the buzz of the Medina and a convenient perch to roam the character filled neighbourhood. We would love to return.

Thanks Gary,
You shall be welcome any-time. Best regards Simon. (Riad Laksiba)
Skeena H
UK
“A perfect sanctuary embodying Moroccan culture and hospitality”
Reviewed 10 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012

....And most certainly no ordinary guesthouse!
Following glowing reports from my brother and his friends (some of whom are regular Riad Laksiba guests), we stayed here over New Year and loved it, and would highly recommend it. Indeed, having been back only a few days, friends to whom I'd mentioned Riad Laksiba have just booked up.
The impressive service provided by Simon and his team started with the extensive local information volunteered by Simon during our initial correspondence.Thereafter, it continued on our arrival with Abdelhamid meeting us at the station. He, along with Muhammed, Nadia and Naja, was always so friendly and enthusiastic about providing any support and information we needed. Whether we required recommendations on places to eat or a car and driver to take us on a day-trip to the Cascades d'Ouzoud (a must!) the team were always on-hand to help.
The conveniently located riad has been restored with obvious love and immaculate integrity. Staying in such beautiful and tranquil surroundings was both a pleasure and a privilege.
Thank-you all for a truly delightful and memorable experience which I hope to revist one day.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The interior decor and the helpful English-speaking team
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Skeena H
UK
“A perfect sanctuary embodying Morrocan culture and hospitality...”
Reviewed 10 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012

....And most certainly no ordinary guesthouse!

Thanks Skeena,
For your kind words and positive Review. I am so pleased that you arrived on recommendation and Laksiba and your trip lived up to expectation. Delighted to host you again. Best regards Simon (Riad Laksiba)
Kate B
“A lovely oasis in the heart of the Medina”
Reviewed 9 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012

I have long yearned to spend some time at Riad Laksiba which I discovered by accident when I was trawling through some film footage and discovered Simon's story. Sadly, a trip planned for 2011 had to be postponed but we finally made it there to celebrate the New Year and our experience was just wonderful.

We were met at the airport by the charming and gracious Hamid who waited patiently whilst we exchanged currency (a last-minute demand for dirhams meant that there were none at the UK airport). He then settled us into our room with the minimum of fuss. By then, it was quite late into the evening and we were slightly nervous about our ability to find our way to the centre of the Medina so he and Mohamed (equally as charming and gracious) accompanied us. For us, that gesture set the scene for the rest of our stay - visiting the riad is akin to visiting friends, one instantly feels welcome and at home and that is worth its weight in gold when you visit a culture that is so different from ours.

We loved the way that Simon and his family have renovated the building - the attention to detail, the use of traditional craft, the antiques and the furnishings were all simply beautiful - I can imagine that, in the long summer months, when the courtyard is open to the sky, that it would be even more divine. Breakfasts were amazing, completely different every day and always fresh and healthy. From reading other reviews here, I now wish we had planned to have an evening meal at the Riad. I certainly will do so next time. We did enjoy a couple of nights in however, watching movies and drinking wine - that was lovely. And, we loved the location too. 10-15 minutes walk from the centre of the Medina meant that we were well away from the hustle and bustle of city life so the Riad became our sanctuary - a very welcome sight after a long day.

All in all, Simon and his team gave us an experience to remember and we will definitely, definitely be back!

Your age range 35-49
Kate,
I take my hat off to you. A great "aide memoir" of you time at Riad Laksiba from arrival onwards. I am so pleased that you finally managed to visit and that it did not disappoint ( having waited nearly 18 months to make the trip). Thanks also for the kind words on your eMail, immediately following your trip and your positive comments regarding our 2013 website ( RiadinMarrakech.com ) I do value your opinions. Hopefully you'll visit again soon. Many kind regards. Simon (Riad Laksiba)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing