“Not as bad as i thought ”
Review of Grand Hotel Tazi

Grand Hotel Tazi
Ranked #479 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

The place is deplorable, but still do its job. Don't expect clean sheets tho, it's what you get for the price. It is at the center of the city so lots of noise and very disgusting... at least they helped for the air conditioning, which was great. The bar is great but be careful not to drink ricard with tap water.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Emmanuel N
There are newer reviews for Grand Hotel Tazi

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

After an evening walking around the Souks and the Medina you get to the point you need a pit stop to cool down.

There is limited places to go for anything other than a soft drink but we stumbled across this hotel via one of their employees on the street.

There was air con and a beer for a decent price so we were happy.

Even footy on the tv keep us amused.

The hotel toilets could do with being cleaned they weren't the best.

But everyone inside was polite and welcoming.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I nipped in for a couple of beers one afternoon and although we were the only ones drinking in the lounge we did not feel out of place or unwelcome. The waiting staff were incredibly attentive and friendly, brining olives and popcorn with our drinks. The decoration is outdated and we didn't stay in the actual hotel but I'd definitely return for a couple of middday drinks to escape the afternoon sun.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RCharlton91
Reviewed 16 June 2017

Like every review on TA, this is subjective so I can only tell you my experience. We aren't staying here but had noticed on a previous trip to Marrakech (while visiting the square). Square was quiet as during Ramadan but full of hawkers still. Was looking for directions else where so rather than ask on the street went in to Tazi. My boy wasn't well so they took an interest in seeing he was OK. We moved through to the lounge as it was airconned. The other guests were having a beer and smoking was allowed which more than suited. Wife got talking to a lovely couple so didn't need the taxi we were going to get and just got our bus back to the hotel! Not sure who was staff and who was just in to get out the sun but they were all really friendly. Best way I can describe is a British lounge bar Moroccan style with Moroccan hospitality. Good enough for us. If you want a simple drink (local beer from Casablanca - surprisingly good) in Marrakesh (which ain't a bad idea when it's 42 degrees), then this is the place. Will be back! thank you Samir and friends :)

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NeilGodsman
Reviewed 17 May 2017

If I could give zero stars, I would! Don't waste your money and go look somewhere else. This is the worst hotel I've stayed at my entire life and I have stayed in many hotels and rentals. The room are dirty and run down and to put it mildly is a whorehouse. I booked two nights and only spent one night there. I gave up the money I paid for the second night and went somewhere else.

The only thing going on for this place is the location. I'd rather stay 50 miles away from Jemaa-el-Fena than stay in this place.
Bottom line just don't stay here. This place should shut down and be shut down for so many violations.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends