“Great mix of morrocan and italian”
Review of Limoni

Limoni
Ranked #38 of 981 Restaurants in Marrakech
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian, Moroccan
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: In the medina of marrakech, in the chaos of tangled alleys, suddenly, over a carved wooden door, a world unexpected. The patio shaded by lemon trees, a music descends from the sunny terraces and the scent of the best italian cuisine. The Restaurant & Cafe I Limoni offer a relaxing corner in a vintage flavor with a touch of modern design. You can listen to selections of the best music of the past and present while enjoying the traditional tuscan dishes of fish and meat, or just a club sandwich of crispy fries. We are open from 11.30 am to 15.30 and 18.30 to re-open for drinks with dinner and to continue until after midnight with music and cocktails.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This hidden gem is situated inside the medina and is roughly 15 minutes walk from the main square. Outside does not resemble the great indoor area with its 2 lemon trees and one orange tree. Dishes are small but very tasty! The staff is friendly and very helpfull. Great restaurant owned by a true italian food lover! Keep up the great work!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,273)

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Lovely restaurant with very friendly attentive staff. The food was beautiful and very reasonably priced. Would recommend this to anyone. The atmosphere was wonderful

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We have been to I limoni in a group of 8 people first time for lunch. We found an oasis of peace from hectic Surround. Adriano , the owner of the restaurant is a very kind and friendly host. Very quickly we found ourself at ease in the lemon trees dresssed courtyard.
The food was good, for everyone taste, but equally delicious! We liked the experience very much that we decided to go back for dinner on our last night. The evening atmosphere worth to experience as well
Highly recommended

Alessia

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This was just down the road from our hotel and we originally hadn’t booked it, however, when one of our previous reservations didn’t come through then we gave it a shot. It helped that we’d had a recommendation from another guest at the hotel and upon reading TA the we saw it had real potential.

Well. The staff couldn’t do enough, the atmosphere and surroundings were lovely and the food was brilliant! I had the lemon ravioli to start, which tasted devine. Hand made pasta and amazing sauce meant I was wishing for another bowl. I then followed this up with the Camel burger, which I’ve never had and thought I’d try. That was amazing too! My wife had an equally great experience.

We went to 3 restaurants for dinner over our 3 night stay in Marrakech, the others having allegedly a better quality, yet we found this to be the best of the lot and the only one we’d rush back to.

1  Thank stelockwood
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Honestly, I was disappointed. This is rated really highly and I honestly don't know why. The restaurant itself is beautiful but the food was shocking. Stick to the pasta since it is an italian restaurant (we had the vongole which was decent), but the chicken we ordered: I'm genuinely surprised any chef tasted that and decided to put it on the menu. I can't speak for any other items, but service was too slow as well so I won't be going back to try again.

Adriano P, Propriétaire at Limoni, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Hi Cleo
We are sorry about your experience . These days everywhere is quite full and this makes obviously the service a lttle bit slow. Hope you understand that all our customers who has been satisfied and rated our restaurant as one of the best of Marrakech are also right
So hope to see you again to convince that to eat once in a restaurant is not enough to be objective
Adriano