L’Hotel Marrakech
  • Spa
Riad L'Orchidee(Marrakech)
Riad Fleur d'Orient(Marrakech)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscasablanca suitebeautiful pooltaginecourtyardamenitiesluxuryriadrooftoptaxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2017

My wife and I, together with my son and daughter-in-law- occupied two rooms in this small, luxurious Riad hidden away in the Marrakech medina for 3 terrific nights in this amazing city.

Our suite had a furnished terrace looking down on the pool and adjacent gardened courtyard, from which we would sip mint tea after a day out and about, listening to the sounds of '30s and '40s jazz music piped gently through the courtyard in the afternoons and early evenings juxtaposed with Muslim calls to prayer (and of course roosters crowing in the morning), smelling orange blossoms and watching the doves fly between the courtyard trees.
The room was full beautifully furnished with many antique pieces and a comfortable bed.

We had dinner at the hotel on our first night and it was the best Moroccan meal we ate that week. Breakfasts were enjoyed on the roof terrace garden one morning, on our terrace another, and in the dining room another.
The staff was totally accommodating and available to help with anything we needed. A special recognition goes to Fred, who escorted me on a Monday morning to the ATM which unceremoniously ate my bank card on Sunday, and helped me through the process of getting the card back (apparently this happens often).
Lucas, who manages the property was also quite helpful, and recommended the full day tour of the Medina and the desert on motorcycles equiped with side cars, This was a spectacular tour, by the way, highly recommended.
We thoroughly enjoyed staying at L'Hotel Marrakech and look forward to staying longer the next time we visit.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Casablanca Suite. Splendid accomodation!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

The good- The grounds are beautiful and the decoration is tasteful. The workers are great especially Fred and George! Thanks guys!

The bad- ridiculously over priced for what it was... for $500 bucks a night I expect much more... better amenities, better snacks in the room, converters in the room perhaps. Just no that’s not what $500 a night in Morocco should look like. Sorry just being honest...

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank yourfriendelsie
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

After doing my research I selected L’Hotel Marrakech. I booked the Casablanca Suite. I have strict criteria when selecting hotels and they didn’t disappoint! When I travel and wake up in the morning I want to wake up know I ‘am somewhere that doesn’t look like any other hotel. Hidden, but a quite haven to experience. Staff attentive to detail . We also dined at Riad and had a wonderful dinner. Highly recommend !

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We went to this restaurant the first night of our holiday in Marrakesh, my husband had pre booked whilst we were still at home. What a lovely experience! We were met out in the street by Fred who was our waiter for the evening. He guided us back down the tiny alleyways to the Riad and it was like walking into an Oasis! It was so tranquil compared to the bustle of Marrakesh. He gave us some history about the riad and then led us to a lovely area for drinks and nibbles......we particularly liked the sugar coated rose petals. He asked us a short while later if we would like a tour....it was lovely. Unfortunately for us we could only look in one suite as the rest were occupied, but it was delightful. The roof top terrace for dining looked lovely as did the sunbathing terrace opposite, very private and secluded.
We were led down to the restaurant for our evening meal and the food was delicious. It is a fixed menu starting with Moroccan salads, and then three choices for the main course, chicken or beef Tagine or a vegetarian option. I had Chicken Tagine and my husband the Beef Tagine and dessert was ice cream, beautifully presented. The waiter was attentive, friendly and polite not pushy at all and let us enjoy our meal and soak up the atmosphere and surroundings and after we had finished and settled the bill, we were led back to our taxi.
This was a memorable evening and a fantastic start to our holiday, we would both highly recommend this restaurant and the riad.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2017

There's nothing bad to say about this place. Everything was top notch, from the service to the staff to the property. We spent four nights of our honeymoon here and were treated like royalty. A great respite in the middle of the Medina. Highly recommend!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple